1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunlop Contingency

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by CleverRiver6, Dec 22, 2020.

1. CleverRiver6

CleverRiver6 Well-Known Member

Just saw that OneX released their contingency program details for next year. Does anyone know where I can find more info for the Dunlop contingency since they are the series tire partner?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are a sponsor, haven't done contingency in a while now.

Rising Sun likes this.
  3. CleverRiver6

so is their prizes or something? Just trying to figure out what that means exactly ya know

4. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

It's "baked into their prices" :dead:

5. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

You might want to talk to your local tire vendor. When I did the season in 2018 my local Dunlop tire vendor would do $40 for a race win towards the next set of tires. I havent checked for 2021, but will be using the brand that offers any kind of contingency. I remember the days of $500 michelin bucks for a race win.... Yes I am dating myself!

6. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

For the 4 hour race there was money paid to the top three finishers of each class. I don't know anything about the 2 hour or what the plan is for 2021.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, there has been a purse for the endurance races all along.

8. CleverRiver6

any idea on what the purse structure will be like

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not at this point, they're working on it all.

CleverRiver6 likes this.
  10. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

No idea, but I'm guessing 1st place gets more money than 2nd place. :D

11. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

What does last place pay???

:cool:

Rising Sun likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bupkiss.... :D

13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

The satisfaction of being part of one of the coolest races ever :clap:

pjzocc likes this.
  14. SWest122

It depends on whether you are racing in the normal classes or the newly formed one amatuer, one expert, and one person older than 40 plus one person has to be over 195 lbs class. If the latter, then you will always get a trophy.

JJJerry likes this.
  15. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I fit right in that class. LOL

pro69ss likes this.
  16. Chip

Chip Registered

Sponsors, purse, rules, classes and general awesomeness PR coming soon.

E Reed, JJJerry and Lance Molnar like this.
  17. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I get my WHAT kissed???

18. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Dammitt.... I’m in.

19. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

Have the official rules been finalized for 2021 endurance?
    Is there any rules changes?

N2/WERA should really consider capping fuel tank size at 24L like the world series does.
    - 24L tanks are available for purchase off the shelf for all liter bikes. (small bikes are screwed)
    - Should riders really be on a liter bike for more that 1 hour at close to track record pace.
    - Should a bike really be carrying over 9 gallons of fuel at the bikes highest center of gravity.
    - Less fuel capacity = more pit stops which is what endurance is all about. Get the pit crew more involved.
    - Having to calculate fuel usage and when to bring rider in is part of endurance racing. With big tanks it is too easy and take this element out of the equation.

There is a reason why the world series caps fuel at 24L.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  20. SWest122

Have the official rules been finalized for 2021 endurance?
    Is there any rules changes?

N2/WERA should really consider capping fuel tank size at 24L like the world series does.
    - 24L tanks are available for purchase off the shelf for all liter bikes. (small bikes are screwed)
    - Should riders really be on a liter bike for more that 1 hour at close to track record pace. Sure, why not? It is an Endurance race after all.
    - Should a bike really be carrying over 9 gallons of fuel at the bikes highest center of gravity. Sure, why not? Do teams currently racing actually have 9 gallon tanks on liter bikes? I don't remember any team going much further than an hour. There were light weight bikes going for much longer but that's all I can remember.
    - Less fuel capacity = more pit stops which is what endurance is all about. Get the pit crew more involved. 4 hour Endurance racing is about fuel stops? Fueling is the easiest part of the stop. You just pick up a can and it dumps in 10 seconds.
    - Having to calculate fuel usage and when to bring rider in is part of endurance racing. With big tanks it is too easy and take this element out of the equation. How does having a larger tank change the fact that you still have to figure out how long it will last?

There is a reason why the world series caps fuel at 24L. What is the reason?