1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So....anyone been vaccinated for covid?

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Dec 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BC

BC Well-Known Member

After barely surviving the covid, and lack of concrete info on how long the anti-bodies will keep me from being reinfected I'll take it in a heartbeat. Hopefully, the line will be a little shorter than what it looks like now for folks like Me.

2. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

My wife should be up for it soon. Since she's pharm tech, she's been training to give the shot.

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Thanks for the reminder that I hadn't listened to Rage in too long.

ducnut likes this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If the vacc included an unlimited travel passport, I'd do it. Otherwise, oh hell no.

MikeR, Rebel635, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  5. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

My uncle is an RN and got it yesterday. No reported issues yet. Not sure if it was forced or not, but I think he was onboard with getting it regardless.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Keep us informed in case he starts gowing a third nipple or a testicle falls off.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Just fund a study that says that it’ll give you a bigger dick.

8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

wife is an NP, works cardio thoracic surgery, she said no way in hell she is getting one, unless it is MANDATED, or it gives us access to cross the border to our house in Canada. Ski

9. joec

joec brace yourself

Aren't there enough around here?:D

10. OldGuyOnBlu

OldGuyOnBlu Well-Known Member

Our son is a firefighter/paramedic. Theoretically he alternates shifts between the rescue/ALS unit and an engine, which tends to be a bit less busy but will roll on medical calls if the rescue is engaged. He is exposed to Covid patients nearly every shift. His wife has medical issues that make her high risk. They have two young daughters. He's looking g forward to getting the vaccine maybe within two weeks. I wish he would have been able to be the first in the county. I sure as he'll hope it is soon.

sheepofblue likes this.
  11. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

My brother, sister and wife have had theirs.
    I have not yet. We all work in hospitals in various capacities. Philly, LA, Chicago.

All complained about a sore shoulder a little more than the flu but in no way bad. Brother said it was hard to sleep the night of. But all said no major issues and no regrets. (Except me I guess)

12. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Thanks to the OP for creating this thread and the moderators for leaving it up, I do want to hear the first hand accounts of experiences with the vaccine. Those that have posted who already got the vaccine, have you had both shots yet or just the first one?

joec and YamahaRick like this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

nope....made the antibodies the old fashioned way :beer:

Photo, jasonhise and britx303 like this.
  14. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Yes my wife a week ago last Friday where she works at the hospital.

One week later Christmas weekend she fell ill badly out of no where. Couldn’t keep anything down it all came back up for 3 following days. She was totally fine that night when we went to bed. I woke up hearing her about to die in the bathroom. Wasn’t food poisoning we ate the same meals 48 hours prior I had no issues.

By Sunday I finally got her to eat a half bowl of chicken noodle soup. It stayed down. She was wore out by then. She’s a tough girl though and went into work Monday night. Been there to date. We still don’t know what happened.

Meanwhile the 12 badasses that wouldn’t stay home with the kids and wife where I work we had a Covid positive there today. The office is officially closed now company order. It’ll go through a cdc mandated cleaning. All I can say is they asked for it. Me and the other 30+ that report there have been working from home for the last 10 months with no issues.

Even with what happened to my wife not knowing if the vaccine was related I’ll still take it when my number comes up in another year lol I’m not an essential worker as she is. She’s so strong in what she’s faced the last 10 months I’m her biggest fan. Then there’s nurses I’m friends with that won’t take it and refuse to work overtime or anything and these hospitals are throwing mega money at them to work. Makes me look at them differently now.

15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Were any of them recently in over produced TikTok dancing videos? I here the workload is so heavy no one could possibly have time for that.

BHP41 likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sam is an "at risk" but was told she was waaaaayyyyy down on the list.
    The kid is too young and I don't care (at this point). I'm still convinced I had an early beta test version of the china cooties already so . . . meh.

So, nope, no one at the ranch.

17. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Exactly.

18. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

Second shot Jan. 8.

19. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

All the talk of shoulder discomfort reminds me of the Typhoid vaccine's they made us get in the USAF.
    That vaccine will make your arm LOCK UP like you would not believe. Got the shot before I started my evening shift.
    Went to work and everything was cool. Went to the dining hall for dinner and when I got up to go put my tray away,
    I could NOT move my arm.

Second booster a while later, I got the shot and then exercised a bit to keep the shoulder loose after a couple Advil. That made the second round much better.

So, I'd suggest a couple Advil or Aleve after the vaccination to maybe help take the edge off.

20. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

I believe in vaccination in general BUT, I don't do flu vaccines and this situation is no different to me. I'm not concerned about contracting covid (I'm young enough and strong enough that it won't kill me).

I'd do it for the greater good if I believed it would help the greater good without a lot of risk on my part and I'm not going to digress because that's a rabbit hole.

j cal, thrak410, Banditracer and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.