1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NHL Hockey Season

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Dec 4, 2020.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Chara signed with the Caps today. Didn't see that coming.

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Whaaaa.....?? :eek:

3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Hes old. Perhaps they need more leadership after their disappointing playoff appearance.

4. Sabre699

Tell that to him.
    No doubt.

5. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm guessing Caps threw a bunch of money at him, they did the same for Orpik in '14, who is probably equally slow.

Then again, at 43 years old, I'm not sure what they plan to get.

6. Ducti89

Oh dont get me wrong, hes still a fantastic player!

7. Ducti89

I think he is still a relevant defenseman. Plenty of leadership to boot. I think Boston is beginning a slow rebuild; theyve lost some decent players the last two seasons.

The Caps, kinda sorta still have a decent run to make this upcoming season, more of a chance than Boston. So the Bruins free up some roster space and money and Washington gets a still solid defenseman albeit with an aging team that has this upcoming season to win the cup.

8. Sabre699

The spoken amount for a one year contract was $795,000.00.

9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Hadn't heard about Chara yet. Gonna be a weird "year" with all the big names swapping spots, and more big names sitting out... (Toews, Kucherov ) .

10. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Dang. Boston really wanted to move on, huh.

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Well there is slow and there is Chara slow. When he was younger he could make up for it, now not so much.

12. rd400racer

Yeah, but I think that's kind of a shitty way to ditch your Captain of 14 years. The least they could have done is give him a going away season. Only team that treats their Captains worse is the Rangers:D :)beer: to Ryan Callahan on a great career).

13. Sabre699

Inglorious is the way of departure for Boston's sport stars. If they retire from the sport they are golden. If they move on elsewhere with their careers they suck. It's cold and unappreciative but it's just the way it is. Chara is an all time great and I wish him all the luck.

rd400racer likes this.
  14. rd400racer

My son picked up a ring for his Boston girlfriend over the holidays, so I'll be learning all about their ways. She's actually from Beverly but her dad is a Townie (whatever that means). Funny thing is that they're all Rangers fans, but I think that's because her brother played with Jimmie Vesey and he hung out at their house all the time.

15. Sabre699

Just means he's been in the same 'hood all his life.
    The people of the Boston area are great...just not so much forgiving when sports are involved.

rd400racer likes this.
  16. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

Watch The Town.....
    Oh and FUCK Jimmy Gresey!!!

rd400racer likes this.
  17. rd400racer

I've heard it mentioned that her dad knew some of Bulger's people growing up, but that's about it.

18. Sabre699

He's from Southie ??

19. rd400racer

That's it...he's a Southie, not a Townie. Sorry, I'm from Louisville...we don't have all these fancy names:D

20. Sabre699

Ok then. He's from a tuff area of the city. Kind of like Little Ireland and poor.