1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Formula One Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by HPPT, Jan 16, 2014.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If you search Youtube 2020 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Fernando Alonso Reunited With Renault R25

there's a nice video of Alonso driving the R25 around Abu Dhabi today. He may or may not have been lapping at current race pace, but with the smaller size of the car and that screaming V10, I would swear that he's lapping 10 seconds faster than the turd cars of today. It's interesting how other sensory inputs alter the sense of perception.

Bring back the V10s! Everyone except the manufacturers want them back.

jd96 and DrA5 like this.
  3. r1owner

r1owner All cars suck!

I thought I saw somewhere that he turned a 1.39 in it.

Wish they would bring back the V-10's too. I would think it would possibly bring more teams into the sport.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He did several lapping sessions over the weekend.

There is a video of Hamilton reacting to the sound of the car while doing an interview. Pretty cool too.

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I keep wondering when the rebellion is going to start. We have a lot of weird stuff being crammed down our throats. Let's start with F1.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

For someone who doesn't watch F1, you sure do complain a lot about it. :D

7. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Shut up and bring me a baguette!

Related: We have a new bakery in town and they have a pretty good baguette for $2.75. Its not 1 euro, but I'm not complaining. Its a bit on the small side, and there's perhaps 10% too much sourdoughy flavour, but they nailed the texture, which is the most important part. Happy happy!

Do you have any luck finding good local baguettes? Its been a long source of frustration for me.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm not crazy about my neighborhood's supplier.

motion likes this.
  9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Max went out on a high note, can't wait for next year.

10. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Anyone else see the rumors of Johnny Ive as the new CEO of Ferrari?

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

12. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Tsunoda announ ed at Alpha Tauri. Kyviat is gone.

13. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

The murmurs are out there as of a couple of hours ago. Checo in at Red Bull, Albon reserve driver...

Razr, rice r0cket and mike w like this.
  14. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

15. rwdfun

rwdfun

That sucks for Albon but at least he has selling cars with his mom as a fall back plan.

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

So who's getting Hamilton's seat?

One thing i never understood...Benz has been crushing it in F1, why do all of their road cars suck at performance outside of their engines?

~sent from mobile

17. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

Not sure how you define suck but MB is all about the engine. I think of them as the European Dodge. Shove a big engine into their everyday cars and let people get rowdy.

BigBird likes this.
  18. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Confirmed that Albon is out and Perez is in at Red Bull. Perez had a good year in the merc clone, be interesting to see those two battle next year.

19. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

What's trippy to me is Albon is older than Verstappen. Just by a bit, but we've been watching Max since he was 17!

20. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Thank god they signed checo. There would be no justice at all if he didn't have a ride.

Chino52405, Razr and scottn like this.