1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

That 690 Rally looks hella fun!

Gave my oldest his first taste of 2smoke yesterday... 203EF3FB-BE48-4883-A3F8-1D777209CCDE.jpeg

Senna, Banditracer, noles19 and 2 others like this.
  2. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

It is actually a 890.

masshole likes this.
  3. Inquizid

Oh wow, even better! I hadn’t seen one of those stateside yet.

I’m still stuck in 1996 with this labor of love...
    D4B6E7EF-CD98-4BDD-9F51-1DE4E9DA6D99.jpeg

terminus est and TurboBlew like this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

send 1 of those to Engines Only... and giggle when you get it back as a 10hp sleeper with stock carb & pipe. Want to run a bigger carb and race gas? Will love it...hehe

Inquizid likes this.
  5. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

the updates continue on the 17 250xcf, new graphics, body work done, installed the bulletproof swingarm protector at the rear lower chain guide. added all new TM designworks guides/silders all the way around. just need to clean the frame, and remainder of bike to surgical, & wait for kreft to finish their magic, then assembly can be completed. then off to the motor/tuner guru. so close i can taste it. i wanna ride! Ski

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of parts for sale for that year 100 if you need anything

7. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

ok.. drove down to rocky mountain atv to swap out the stiff as a board and no feel alpinestars tech 3’s...

i had it narrowed down to two boots, the sidi cross fire 3 TA’s and the gaerne sg10’s... after watching a few reviews and reading some stuff, it seemed like a traditional, sewn on sole was what i needed for feel and flexibility.

it’s super awesome that i live an hour away from rocky mountain atv because they let me try on both boots..

the sidi’s were very narrow and still pretty stiff, where the gaerne’s had a wider toe box and a lot more flexibility right out of the gate.

both were MILES better than the tech 3’s.

so i went with the gaernes and saved myself $100 vs the sidi’s... pretty stoked to try them out.

turner38 likes this.
  8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Reality check for everyone, here's the MSRPs for the three
    Tech 3 $199.95
    Crossfire 3 TA $545
    SG10s $449.95
    Any questions?

9. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I had tech 8’s for years, before there was a tech 10. When it came time for new boots I picked up the sg10’s and absolutely love them. Fantastic boot and the rubber grip on the inside calf area is a game changer! They took awhile to get used to but it’s so much easier to hang onto the bike with your legs.

turbulence likes this.
  10. turbulence

i think that point has been beaten into the ground, but thank you

11. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Beatin' the hoofs off it to make some TAs. :D

turbulence likes this.
  13. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

tech7's are less than 369... just sayin. Ski

14. Inquizid

PM sent

15. turbulence

Finally got my gear situation sorted enough to take the new bike out...

so umm.. a 300 2 stroke might have been a bit much for a dirt newb lol... thing has a lot of power. I also don’t know wtf I’m doing, so I just putted around mostly.

for you two stroke peeps, do you engine brake? I found it almost impossible not to coming down the mountain.. I’m so used to 4 strokes and dropping gears and using the engine.

And how fast am I going to foul my plug putting around. I tried to open it up a few times, but like I said, total newb so I’m not sure I got it out of third gear.

[​IMG]

turner38 likes this.
  16. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That bike shouldn't foul a plug putting around, it's made for tight single track

turbulence likes this.
  17. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Do you live KY or Utah?
    I frequent the one in KY quite regularly.

18. turbulence

salt lake

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That chain looks awfully tight.

Knotcher and turbulence like this.
  20. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The TPI bikes don’t foul plugs so much, so you’re good there. But if you think that thing is a little too much for you, I’ve got a well-sorted 250 XC-F with lights and a street title that I’ll trade ya. ;)

Phl218 and turbulence like this.