1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 NHL Hockey Season

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Dec 4, 2020.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

2. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Looks like some format for the season will happen. Hope so.

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Been watching college hockey almost every night. It will tide me over until the pro's get it together.

Sabre699 likes this.
  4. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

If Gary Bettman is involved they can shut the whole thing down until he’ll freezes over.

And then skate there for free.

5. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

The owners dropped the ball , plain and simple. The deal was just signed some 5-6 weeks ago now they just basically come out and say we want money back or else . No communication with the NHLPA . Maybe sit down and hash it out and see what they can come with . TV deals were supposed to be getting better along with possibly ESPN coming back on board and now they shoot themselves in the foot again!

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I heard many teams were trying to go outdoors in order to get fans back into the stadiums.

7. rd400racer

U Mass V Merrimack on right now

8. Sabre699

What network are you watching the college games on ??

9. rd400racer

My package has all kinds of college channels. U-Verse

10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

11. grasshopper

No fans. Where's the money coming from?

12. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

TV and merch I guess. Good question though.

13. grasshopper

It's absolutely incredible the amount of money pro athletes make. I think the minimum salary in the NHL is over 500k.

14. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

750k I believe is the minimum amount for NHL. Yes, the amount of money pro's make is crazy. Easy fix, stop watching, and attending games. No income, no salary. I stopped attending long ago when it cost me over $120 for a family of 4 for the nose bleed section tickets. Not to mention all the $$$ spent on food and other crap.

I do not have a lot of hope the league will figure it out. I think outdoor games are a good thought.

15. knedragon29

IIRC it’s around 700k , the whole thing is there was a contract signed like 6 weeks ago . So now they just realize they messed up ? Basically they are saying owners should make money no matter what . Now I agree if it’s a shortened season by many games then salary should be based on that .

16. Ducti89

I would hold the entities making the decision for the cancellation libel for the loss.

17. Sabre699

That trumps everything (no pun intended) in professional sports.

18. Sabre699

19. knedragon29

Buttman and the owners ate it ! Also gave the players a year off if they want to opt out this season and its not going against the contract .

20. Ducti89

Let fans come back at least 30% or something. Frightened people stay home.
    Lets get back to normal here!