1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2020-2021 | Off-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 30, 2020.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

A thread to discuss MotoGP things that are happening before the start of the 2021 MotoGP Season.

I'll start with a Taka Video, where he discusses why he puts so much pressure on himself
    "Taka Nakagami Last On The Brakes Podcast: being honest with yourself and learning from Marc Marquez"

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

In on page 1. In before @Metalhead. Oh and Rossi for giving us the swan song championship.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

MotoGP riders predict the 2020 World Championship top 5 (Jul 2020)

So much love for Vinales in 2nd....only if they knew. No one put Rossi Top 5, not even Rossi. No one had Mir.

4. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

in for the discussion

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That's crazy talk

6. jlawrider

jlawrider Well-Known Member

I would've loved to have seen Nakagami be the 10th different rider to win a race in 2020! He was capable for sure, but as he pointed out, he put too much pressure on himself...completely understandable at that level! Next year may be ever harder for him to get his first win, let alone podium! With the likes of Quartararo, Binder, Oliveira, Morbidelli, and Mir all with at least one victory each, and the depth of previous top contenders already in the mix, I can't wait for 2021! Marc will have another challenging year, but in a different way. For me, 2020 was one of the most enjoyable seasons to watch in a long time. Great depth of talent from around the world, and a great mix of competitive machines!

One of my greatest disappointments of the 2020 season was no race at Assen TT! The location has hosted a premier class race since 1949, and it was just sad to see that record/tradition come to an end.

SundaySocial, scottn and BigBird like this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Circacee, ShadowBoxer, Blammo and 3 others like this.
  8. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

track wagon, rice r0cket and BigBird like this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Low-Carb...just like Suzuki....

~sent from mobile

10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Anything to get those billboard letters off the side.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Senna likes this.
  12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Guess I'll have to buy a can or two of their stuff. I preferred the Bull but got to go with the Suzuki flow.

Will I have to ear tuck, flat bill and wear wife beaters after buying Monster?

Wasn't there talk of Monster also backing American Racing in moto2? Not just the rider but the team?

Blammo, BigBird and Quicktoy like this.
  13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

The Great One and BigBird like this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

I like Rins, but that just makes sense. Unfortuantely, Boobs will be 29/30, and Suzuki only likes them young bois. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Don't know. If Suzuki has a satellite team in 2022. . . but one of the reasons I've read (one of) Petronas' butt hurts towards Yamaha is that Petronas wants young up and comers and Yamaha moved Old Yeller over. There's also the way Yamaha treats it's satellite teams (cash cows, you pay now!).

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Kinda sorta. I like that they picked up a big sponsor and Monster seems to be a really good one but, I'm still hoping for more. I like Motul being on the bike but I'd also like to see someone like Vodafone/ Vodacom and IWC or Tag onboard.

Okay, unrelated, who makes ECSTAR for Suzuki? I've heard Shell, Caltex, Pennzoil was tossed out and someone even said some of their products are done by Motul.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Monster is not going to be the title sponsor for Suzuki, so I guess it there will not be a Monster Yamaha and a Monster Suzuki.

19. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Monster will sponsor the vr46 Suzuki team next year I bet..

20. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 1, 2020