1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1/ProductID/2

https://rcsgear.com/vanguard-2-lanyard-kit/

what I use for hiking with family and wearing a pack. I use a trigger cover tethered to inside the bag so when I draw the trigger cover stays with bag. It’s a fast setup that has been reassuring when running into creeps deep in the woods or being tracked by mountain lions.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Unless you are an FFL, you can't accept CC for payment. Your options are: check, cashiers check/money order/etc.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

So what would you suggest? I know there are plenty of scams out there with cashiers checks that allow people to renege on one (never used them for anything myself so not entirely sure how they even work). What does the beeb reckon my best option is?

4. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

That looks pretty slick. I like that you can hook it up to a backpack too, I have a Camelbak on most of the time anyway. How is the retention when you draw? I imagine there is something in there to keep the gun from just flopping out, I’d probably have a Sig P938 in there for referee. I’m definitely getting one of those trigger covers.

5. https://smile.amazon.com/Aduro-Bicy...bag&qid=1606703886&sprefix=bicycle+bag&sr=8-8

6. wera313

It just sits in the bag... no holster except the kydex trigger cover. I’ve never had a problem with it flopping because it’s tight to chest. I carry a G19 in it. Simple to get it out by pulling down from zipper like they demo in the video on their site.

7. That lanyard trigger guard thing is a cool idea. I like that, but they are only available for a few guns (unless I’m missing a different page).

The only gun I have that they offer them for is the Glock 43X.

I bookmarked that page so I can keep checking back to see if they add more.

Razr likes this.
  8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I've sold maybe 10 guns on there. Cashiers check or money order has always worked fine with no issues.

9. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

All the shit u buy and they’re not going to do a transfer for you? I can understand it if they have it sitting on the shelf but that’s ignorant as hell. When I used to buy from the local gun shop that was always the deal. I’d find a new place real quick. Sounds like it’s a one way relationship. Doing transfers is super simple and takes up safe room for a day or two. How big of a deal is that for a customer like you?

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes I agree. I know they don't make a lot off a transfer, but most gun shops do it. It's just good business, especially for a regular customer.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. You know what, you are right. Even if they “don’t do it” by default, they should make an exception for me. There’s no telling how many tens of thousands I’ve given them altogether.

I won’t call, I’ll go up there and talk to them face to face.

The only bad part is that going up there will cause me to buy another gun. :crackup:

Photo likes this.
  12. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I just ordered one of these and the Hill people pack. The wife and I are running around and we passed by a 5.11 Tactical, when I walked in she asked “what do you want from here? I thought you hated this shit?” The conversation ended with “If you get a fanny pack you better make sure it can hold half your shit...I will not be married to the owner of a fanny pack no matter the purpose!”

Triple X, Jedb and Gorilla George like this.
  13. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I have sold on Gun broker but it sold locally so no big deal in payment. I’ve bought a lot on GB and let me make this real clear. They have ZERO customer support. So use a CC to cover your ass.

14. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Anyone see any good deals on a m&p 15-22 or similar guns?

15. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

New question.

I have a 9mm suppressor from AAC, which was a part of Remington. In the sale of Remington to Palmetto State Armory, AAC appears to have been closed down.
    Looking for recommendations for another 9mm suppressor or do I skip the 9mm and just get a 45cal so that way I'm covered regardless if I use 9mm, .40cal, 10mm or 45?

And which brand/models do you like?

If doing on a form-1, where did you get the cylinder/baffles?

Gracias!!

16. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Have some AAC stuff as well. There’s no WAY I would buy any more. Dead Air seems to be the go to now. Great product, great service if needed. Only negative (supposed to be fixed) is that for awhile you could buy the DA can, but couldn’t find the accessories.

17. wera313

I have two Dead Air cans - Nomad and Mask. Like them both a lot. Also have a Silencerco Octane 9HD that has been solid.

18. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I have the silencerco Omega 9 and am really disappointed. I keep forgetting about it because I’ve been meaning to call them.

19. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

A local place for me has the tippmann ar22’s. They were running right at $425 bucks. A place near Richmond va had some of the m&p 22’s a week or so ago. The place is called Green Top and they have a good website to see what’s available

noles19 likes this.