1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

:crackup: Someone has quite the memory. And I still stand by my previous statement. But Darwin's theory was right on the money. Ever seen the video of the dude getting hit hat blown off as he looks down the barrel of a shotgun? Lots of people out there plenty capable of fucking up the simplest of tasks.

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

3. Talon grips to the rescue. :)

Now I just need to get to the range and zero the RMR on this one and the one on the P320.

BED6F683-3421-4C48-B91E-9B563C9BD32C.jpeg

Triple X likes this.
  4. Am I the only one who goes outside before utilizing the decocker after chambering a round? :D

5. Here are the 3 largest .45’s that I have for comparison. I didn’t include my smaller ones because they aren’t in the same category.

Sig P227 TACOPS
    H&K 45
    FNX 45

CFEBCF2D-EDE0-42C8-866F-552FD6938688.jpeg

The HK is the lightest, and narrowest.
    The FNX is the “fattest”, which is why the grip is just as short as the HK, but the FNX holds 15+1 rounds compared to HK only holding 10+1.

The FNX mags being fatter puts the rounds more side by side, so it can hold more rounds in a shorter mag. The HK is so narrow that even though it is technically a double-stack, the rounds are damn near on top of each other.

The TACOPS holds 14+1.

Side note, when I laid the Springfield XD 45 on top of the HK, they are the same length, but the XD holds 12 rounds (2 more than the HK).

I’ve got some 13 round mags on order for the HK.

I’ll report back once I’ve been to the range. I’ll take all of them and shoot them back to back to get a good comparison.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    Triple X likes this.
  6. Completely unrelated, but I just walked in the bedroom and remembered something.

The H&K VP9L Tactical has by far the best/brightest sights I’ve ever seen.

It stays right beside the bed, on the nightstand and it isnt even on the top shelf. It sits on a shelf underneath the top, so it doesn’t get that much exposure to light.

But I can go piss at 3am, and I will be able to see the sights glowing from all the way across the room.

7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sweet.....I'll take the FN

8. The HK looks badass with the John Wick Compensator on it. :D

But I had to make a choice between the Compensator or a light. So I took it off and put the light back on it.

I just wanted to put a Comp on it and take it to the range to see if it really made a difference. It did, but the H&K had the least recoil of any of them (45s) anyway. 2BEAA6D2-B5B2-44C6-B4DD-D6EECC181DB1.jpeg

9. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

You do realize Tritium sights don't need "recharging"? They kind of generate their own light https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium_radioluminescence

10. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

11. Wellillbedamned. I honestly didn’t know that. :crackup:

I’ve always known the Tritium sights were good, but I have never actually taken the time to look that shit up. :D

12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

13. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

14. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

They're good for about 5-7 years and they'll need to be replaced.

15. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I might be a bit biased but I think you’re going to be very happy with it.

Attached Files:

MachineR1 likes this.
  16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Anyone tried a Springfield Ronin in 45? I don't have anything in 45 caliber and have been jonesing for one for a while.

17. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

The Ronin is kinda odd to me. They talk about it’s “tactical” rear sight and “speed” trigger (whatever that means) yet no front strap stippling or ambi-safety. I have several Springfield Custom 1911’s so I’m a huge fan of their pistols, I just don’t see the niche that the Ronin is supposed to fit.

18. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Traded my mpr for this S&W 1911 ta plus cash. May change out the light if anyone has suggestions on a light/ place to buy a holster
    [​IMG]

19. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member