1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Official 2021 Silly Season Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by scottn, Dec 10, 2019.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Wouldn't that make them Greeks?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That'd be putting other things up other people's asses.

3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

An extraordinarily uptight German? The thought boggles the imagination.

4. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I don't think you turn down a factory ride in GP unless it burns bridges on his Moto2 deal. Being at Aprilia with the wrong people mad at you is a certain career ender. But if everyone is all "go Joe!" then I think any results he does get will be better than a chance at a full season run at a Moto2 title and see what seats are left IF he wins.

Also worth noting that there's a bit of a line forming in Moto2 at the moment with a whole lot of really fast young riders having just started in the premier class.

The Great One and Dan Dubeau like this.
  5. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

FTFY

6. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Bruce and motion like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Lorenzo got his ass fired because he was too busy posing for instagram and showing off then to train and is butt hurt.

Cal would not be my first choice as a tester but at least he's not caught up being an instagram influencer.

Said it before, Lorenzo has done nothing but work towards winning in motogp since he was like 13.
    He has tasted the other side and he needs to decide if he wants to race motogp bikes or be a douchenozzle instagram "model."

BigBird and motion like this.
  8. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Gawd I hate that douchebag. He’s not aging well.

BigBird likes this.
  9. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

Cam to the italtrans moto 2 team?

10. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

American Racing looked pretty good this season. I'm not convinced Italtrans is a better place for an American rider.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

ItalTrans rider wins championship. American Racing flubs a spring change on the grid.

Amazing stat for me: Quarto finishes three placed behind his performance last year.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He had a few years of decency between his young-age douchebaggery and his postretirement flareup.

motion likes this.
  13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Can a severe case of the douchenozzles go into remission?

14. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

So if Roberts is going to stay in Moto2, where does that leave Aprilia? I think that Josh Hayes would be a really good match for them and he is available with no need to have a long career in MotoGP. I think it is fair to say that he has the skill, experience and development ability to be a big help for Aprilia and Aleix Espargaro.
    I don't think they really have any better options.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Does Mr. Hayes have a say in your plans for next year? :)

16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Just an opinion, not a plan.:crackup:However, Mr. Hayes has stated that he is still ready to race and I still think it would be a good deal for all involved, but especially a good thing for American Racing fans. If you want another one of my free opinions, I think Yamaha screwed him when they benched him for Gerloff. They should have run 3 bikes if they wahted to get Garret on a superbike, that bad.

HPPT likes this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Is Chaz still an option? If so I think he would be a good one for Aprilia.

younglion likes this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

It's gonna be Melandri. Just wait....

HPPT and redtailracing like this.
  19. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Didnt he have a not so successful return to WSBK this year?

20. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Not at all. He finished in the top 21 of every race he...uh...finished.

badmoon692008 likes this.