1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xr100 rearsets?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by tett, Nov 9, 2020.

1. sharky nrk

sharky nrk Rubber Side Up

I think look at that picture the biggest (and free) benefit can come from getting your heel up and sliding your foot backward on the peg. I know that when I rode an XR (on 12s even mind you so there was ZERO extra clearance) I would have my heel up and tucked into the frame of the bike like TurboBlew is mentioning. It was actually a mental reference point for me know I was physically tied into the bike like I wanted to be.

2. tett

tett Well-Known Member

Cool... I'll give it a whirl next time I'm out there. Thanks.

3. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

This is a pic of me from a few weeks ago, at the SHS 200. It's a buddies bike so I wasn't quite feeling comfy on it. But it's an illustration of lean, foot position, what-have-you. 122015908_10156941203907255_677908542471339941_o.jpg

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

[​IMG]

was looking through your pics... found this one. A good example of how you want to be on the bike.
    Looks relaxed and open to the corner & seems able to pivot feet on the pegs.
    I saw a pic or 2 where the bars you have on your bike look at little narrow & maybe few inches tall. Maybe try a straight bar or low profile that gets you closer to the neck.

5. tett

tett Well-Known Member

I need to do some yoga exercises. Also, I had pondered the bars also.

6. tett

tett Well-Known Member

I have to return here and acknowledge my online coaches. Had another opportunity on the kart track today. I concentrated on getting my head forward and the balls of my feet on the pegs. Not sure I got my foot tucked all the way to the frame, but everything definitely felt much more comfortable ("normal"?). Very noticeable difference. Outstanding, and fun.

sharky nrk, TurboBlew and DmanSlam like this.
  7. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Kudos man. Sounds like you're off to a good start with making adjustments to your body position.