1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gerloff possible Rossi fill in this week

Discussion in 'General' started by Scuba Steve, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Rossi tested positive again for Covid. Needs two negative test to race. If he can’t Gerloff will fill in.
    Simon Patterson tweeted this

2. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

What a great opportunity...fingers crossed for Garrett!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henry_carlson and Shocker like this.
  3. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

This would rock!

5. Ra.Ge. Raptor

Ra.Ge. Raptor wanna_be_fast

Screenshot_2020-11-04-13-46-21-257_com.dorna.officialmotogp.jpg Go Gerloff! :clap:

evakat and Shocker like this.
  6. prm

prm Well-Known Member

You know Lorenzo is out at Yamaha when they pick a guy to fill in who’s never ridden a MotoGP bike, never ridden that track, and doesn’t ride on Michelin’s.

Very cool if it does happen!

7. ttt637

ttt637 Well-Known Member

Where is Gerloff presently? Is he in the States or still in Europe

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I believe Gerloff moved to Europe to be closer to his WSBK team.

9. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 2:clap:

Yzasserina likes this.
  10. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Yeah some where in Spain

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Talk about a mountain to climb...I'm not getting worked up with expectations. If he finishes anything better than last it will be an accomplishment. If he gets any points it would be spectacular.

12. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Agreed... If he can finish on two wheels. He will not be last and will raise his race cred in the paddock!

turbulence and Razr like this.
  13. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Let’s all be mindful of how long Alex Marquez was dead last on a MotoGP bike, as Reigning Moto2 champion.

Gerloff needs to learn, ask questions, and show the team he can give feedback that helps them adjust to make the bike work better. Finishing on the lead lap would be nice.

turbulence and Wheel Bearing like this.
  14. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The M1 is generally considered easier to ride than the Honda and rookies have done well on it. Still anything but last and giving good feedback to the team would be a huge win.

rk97 likes this.
  15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Yep, as others have said, I have very low expectations. Just show, prove you’re easy to work with, and try to soak up as much knowledge as possible. Nobody’s expecting a podium. Super stoked for Garrett. :clap:

SpeedyE, turbulence and rk97 like this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Awesome news!!! Didn’t Josh Haynes finish top 10 when he filled in?

JBall likes this.
  17. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Fantastic news for Garrett. Carmelo must like the kid a lot.

18. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Hayes did finish 7th and not to take anything away from Josh, but that was also at a time when you had to either be on a factory Honda or a Yamaha to be competitive.

BigBird likes this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Cool but what a weird choice. I get it, Lorenzo is basically fired but a dude who has never ridden the bike or that brand of tires?

Freaky!

SpeedyE and sanee like this.
  20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I think GP bikes now are bit too demanding and different than anything else these days to expect an outsider new to the bikes, tires, and track to come in and blow the paint off anybody with such limited seat time. It's a great opportunity non the less, and it's awesome to see! Gotta be every little kids dream "Hey Garret, this is Yamaha, we're going to need you to fill in for Valentino Rossi this weekend, you in?" I'd probably hang up the phone thinking it was a prank lol