Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Density, we are seeing an outbreak.

2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Both sides sound nuts to me, but really the bottom line is: unless you want to spend a pile of money trying to get a judge to give you full custody or order Mom to quarantine the kids, you need to accept the fact that when they are with her she gets to decide the acceptable level of risk.

brex and StaccatoFan like this.
  3. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Down side neither can go to school and wife cant work and earn money, and we are all quarantined for 2+ weeks.

Fuck that shit. We are pay check to pay check.

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

This whole scenario sounds like it has a lot more to do with resentment over a failed marriage/past and a lot less to do with the safety or health of a child.

note - yes I’m married and yes I have children.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  5. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Credit given, but with 1 out of every 33 people infected, and my area having a rapid rise above national average, do you see why I dont want my kids going to 100 homes?

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Isn't that the objective?

Pops always told me to be in bed by 9 and home by 11.:D

rd400racer likes this.
  7. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

On her part yes.

8. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Ok, do a few houses with trusted neighbors on the block. Have them pick candy and then sanitize their hands.

Just have some fun!

9. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

At first, yeah....but this far into it. It's kind of boring and you constantly on here asking advise on how to live you life has me thinking less and less of your decision making ability. So....Movin' on.

brex likes this.
  10. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Your wife works in the ER and by your statement she’s in contact with infected people.
    I’m not sure you’re doing this “calculated risk” thing correctly.

jrsamples, StaccatoFan and brex like this.
  11. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

They are with me, she needs to accept my level of risk. Thats what I sated in OP, I got shit for it, and I asked if I was the AH. Ive determined Im acting with in the knowledge I have to let my kids enjoy the holiday the best we can with in the constraints of limiting exposure to the current state. As a frame of reference I survived cancer as a kid, 0 immune system, and all that, so Im not adverse to my kids being exposed. Its all about a risk decision.

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Life is a death sentence. Get the fuck over it and move on.

jrsamples, GRH, Photo and 3 others like this.
  13. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Fair point, Ill STFU. Ive used this forum as a space to vent and 'vocalize' my thoughts with out actual repercussions on my life. Like a sounding board against the peanut gallery. Im voicing my vulnerability, not actually basing life decision on the beeb.

14. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Don't think anyone will disagree with this.

zx6rfool likes this.
  15. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Those on the front line take precautions far and beyond the average citizen. When she gets home she treats it like coming back from a contaminated zone, scrubs in the washer, no touching, in to the shower before 'hello'. And this is after the cleaning at the hospital. Mine was only a comparison to the levels of protection at my home vs a home of hoax believers.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

This might make me start drinking again...

17. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Aight, with DZUMs point in mind, Im out, kids are home and Ill be radio silent, probably for the week. Thanks all for their opinions, just because I disagree dose not mean I dont want, or respect you opinion. Ive always grown up with the thought process of, if Im wrong, prove me, and then I will reconsider. Im open to new ideas, and as any parent will tell you, we have no fucking idea what we are doing.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Can we get back to this, since you brought it up? Just want to make sure it's not mistaken we are really talking about alimony, no child support. You are paying alimony to a woman who has been living with, and has a child from another man? And you don't have a definitive answer as to whether you might be able to stop doing that?

I would've been on the phone to my lawyer the moment I found out she was pregnant.

You may not return to your regular Halloween programming…

jrsamples and Robby-Bobby like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Daughter has been playing softball since 1st week of July and will end next week, 3-5 games a week with a practice in addition; son has been playing soccer since Sept. They go to actual school 2x a week.

Trying to kids be kids. fingers crossed.

20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

You know all of that is mandated by the employers risk management team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.