1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon strapless motorcycle alternative

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Oct 26, 2020.

1. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

2. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

Risk Racing is out of North Carolina. IDK about their restraint system, but I use their fuel jugs... A good company.

3. Don’t those girly bikes weigh just as much as the bigger bikes, because of lower grade materials and the heavy ass frame?

Doesn’t the Ninja 300 come in around 400lbs or some shit like that?

Personally, I wouldn’t use that thing with a weight rating of 315lbs. I probably wouldn’t even use it for The Grom, and I can lift that bike by hand.

It says it is a “Motocross” stand. I doubt they intend it to be used on street bikes.

IMO there are some places where it is ok to cut costs, the system securing your bike in the trailer isn’t one of them.

G Dawg and Senna like this.
  4. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

Just spend another 40-50 bucks and get a Pit-bull

Razr, backbone, mpusch and 6 others like this.
  5. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

6. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

they work well for dirt bikes and supermotos. buddy put one in his trailer for dirt bikes without pins for his TRS setups

7. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

In race trim but without any lightweight wheels or exotic materials - Ninja 400's weigh in about 335-345lbs. I believe MA has a minimum weight for the class (bike and rider) and a lot of those teams have to keep heavier things on the bikes to meet that minimum. Club guys can be 330lbs easily.

Not sure where that ranks with literbikes but I'm guessing roughly 50-60lbs less?

8. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Cold Dude...just cold. :crackup:

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Risk has been around a while and I kind of thought of them as the Pit Bull of MX bike stands. I mean...the ad does specify "motocross"...

10. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Pffft since when does something in writing deter this crew?

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I never let facts get in the way of a good time either

12. :D

13. Well, like anything else it depends on which Liter bike and what mods are done.

I’d say a typical Jap Liter bike with minimum (SS) mods can be anywhere between 370-390lbs. A lot of it depends on how much effort the OEM put into making the street bike as light as possible. Some bikes can easily lose a lot of weight with basic race prepping, some can’t.

A Panigale S or R model, with the same mods, you can drop another 20-30lbs off that. Get extreme with a Panigale (lots of Ti and CF, tear it down to the frame and rebuild it while removing everything that isn’t absolutely necessary for racing, and you can get one down even lower.

14. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

You misspelled GROM.

15. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me, but the thread title brought this to mind:

south park unicycle.jpe

Yeah, it's probably just me.

Razr likes this.
  16. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I don't think that's the case, man.

Superleggera V4 weighed in at 401 lbs, which already has CF wheels, CF swingarm, CF subframe, CF bodywork, titanium exhaust, etc. What's more that can be saved, deleting headlights and mirrors?

17. younglion

So is that your way of saying "I agree with you"? :)

Weight is 100% a byproduct of how many buckets of cash you have - a friend has a Yamaha R3 that weighs 270lbs, only took him $17-$18k (after buying the bike) to get there though - ouch.

I was more trying to keep it an apples to apples comparo - typical Japanese literbike vs typical Japanese "girly 400". ...we agree they are about 50lbs apart in similar trim it seems.

18. younglion

335lbs with supplied race kit or 350 in street trim dry so add 30lbs to that for final wet weight - 365ish with maybe 1/2 tank of boom juice.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Nah man, real scales, not Ducati bullshit numbers.

The Superleggera V4 is 397-401 lbs, with the race kit. V4R is 440 lbs.

weighed by Mr 650ib himself.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFUlOgUgjem/

upload_2020-10-26_19-22-56.png

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    younglion likes this.
  20. younglion

Jesus - 400lbs? My 400 is 369lbs fully fueled in street trim - that Duc is a fat pig! :p

Phl218 likes this.