1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Much less a never before used mRNA vaccine that potentially alters your DNA. Yeah no thanks, I don't even waste my time with the yearly flu shot. My body comes with it's own built in immunity and it works pretty good when I give it things to practice on and stay sharp.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I've seriously used that as a reason I won't wear a mask.

Ducti89 likes this.
  3. In Your Corner

I refused a flu shot this year as usual but I do get a pneumonia shot.

4. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Im sure that goes over like a frying pan Shaneequa throws at Metalhead.

5. In Your Corner

It's bound to encourage discussion.

Ducti89 likes this.
  6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

it will be the basis for law suits against governors who decide to dictate.

7. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Any update? Did the symptoms resolve as quickly as you hoped? Just fatigue and body ache? How about the other people you know that had it? I'm curious to hear some experiences, I don't know anyone personally who has had it, other than a few that thought they might have had it very early on and didn't get tested.

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Regardless when anyone "thinks" they got it, there's no confirmation without proper testing, which isn't done.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

A friend had it, body aches, lost sense of taste and smell, overall feeling of being rundown... resolved in two weeksish. 55, a bit overweight, other than that good health, no other issues. This was a couple three months ago, no continuing issues as far as she is aware.

henry_carlson likes this.
  10. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I tested positive on oct 12 and also again on oct 22nd. My dumbass family thinks I need a negative test to come back hunting because they don't know what quarantine means. I'm not contagious but still shedding the virus so I'll continue to test positive for the time being

My wife and I think we first got it on oct 3 or people we were around got it on the 3rd and we were continuously exposed to those same people. I never had a fever or real bad issues however I have had no taste or smell since the 12th. I'm just now slowly regaining those senses and I mean it's slow. I can't smell or Taste coffee but can taste some salt and bitter flavors. I finally was able to smell a hint of garlic today.

If you get it you'll know. Early on I had some sniffles and thought. hmm do I have it?? but it's similar to the flu. You are going to feel worse than cold and you'll know you are unwell.

the wedding I was at that we all got it.. my entire table got it except for the associate director of Institute for Infection, Immunology and Inflammation at Vanderbilt who wore a mask and made sure to leave as soon as socially possible. He knew he was in a risky situation and took precaution and was the only one that didn't test positive .

Hotfoot likes this.
  11. Steak Travis

we gave it to some friends that had dinner with us on on 0ct 4. They tested negative on the 5th then positive a couple days later.

12. baconologist

So you caught a cold and the germaphobe was successful in avoiding it that day. Maybe the Swedish MD is correct.......

13. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

A friends son had some allergy Issues so they took him to the doctor. Turns out the whole family (parents 60 3 kids 17 to 20) had it and only the one child showed any symptoms and that was mostly just sneezing and congestion. Parents are little over weight with not much exercise.

Hotfoot likes this.
  14. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

My stepdaughter tested positive 3 weeks ago, my wife 2 weeks ago and myself last week. Today is my 10th day since onset of symptoms so technically I'm free of isolation.

I'm 50 and workout 4-5 days per week. Moderate headaches and fatigue. No fever, no loss of taste. The worst for me is having moderate childhood asthma that resolved itself except when I get a virus. So I'm on every allergy/asthma medicine known to man and its keeping my blood o2 good and my lungs mostly clear.

Wife has loss of taste, cold symptoms and extreme fatigue. Her 10 days were up on Friday but still not feeling great.

Stepdaughter only mild symptoms.

I recommend buying an O2 monitor to help keep your sanity. Get 1 now, they are $25 on Amazon so you can get a baseline.

Sucks that despite masks and following distance guidelines...there was nothing I could do about it when it came to my room unannounced. On the bright side, now I get an immunity passport for several months at least

Blood type O negative. (I think)

henry_carlson, auminer and Hotfoot like this.
  15. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

And thus the point of "We are all going to get it." there is no need to hide from it. We need a good treatment path, which it appears they have worked out and keeps improving, other than that standing around waiting for a vaccine isn't doing anyone any good. Get back out..go on about your life and deal with it when you get it. Just like you have for all the other things that kill us on a regular basis.

16. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

Thank you Steak Travis and sdiver, I appreciate hearing what is actually happening to people and what treatment they required (or didn't), rather than just hearing about extreme cases. I am working and traveling for my job so there is certainly a chance I could get exposed at some point.

sdiver likes this.
  17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I had it earlier this month.....at least I'm 90% certain I did. Went to dinner with my 2 best friends on Sept 27 and right around Oct 1st we all started feeling flu'ish symptoms. They went to go get tested and both came back +, I couldn't be bothered. Thurs afternoon I started feeling those light bodyaches you get when you feel a cold coming on, by Friday the aches were mostly gone but I was running a low grade fever of about 99.3. By Saturday that cleared up as well, by Sunday I was back at the weights and cardio like nothing happened. Then on Monday my smell/taste took a nosedive, that took about 2-2.5 weeks to come back. If it wasn't for the smell thing I would have just assumed it was a light cold/flu I was experiencing. Honestly, the lack of smell was the biggest downer of the whole thing.

All in all, it was a gigantic nothingburger, I've EASILY had colds/flu way worse than this. Instead of locking people/city/states down these dochetards should be putting out messages advocating people to take steps to strengthen their actual immune systems and this bug won't do a damn thing to them.

Take....
    vit D
    vit C
    zinc
    quercetin
    beta-glucan
    N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC)
    monlaurin's not a bad idea

.....and you'll kick its ass like it's nothing

Gorilla George and Hotfoot like this.
  18. baconologist

Maybe some fresh air and sunshine......(without sun block on your skin)

19. Steak Travis

I knew it was just a matter of time before I got it and will echo that getting the actual flu is worse. The worst part for me was the quarantine and the loss of taste and smell.

IMO, it's not worth being afraid of and closing the world down for it was silly.

MachineR1, sdiver and Hotfoot like this.
  20. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I also got it. At 60 years old I had hangovers that made me feel worse. I guess I was lucky I got a mild strain. I travel for a living . I went to bars out for dinner used the gyms in the hotels . Now that I recovered I will wait for the next thing that's going to try and kill me.

MachineR1, sdiver and Steak Travis like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.