1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bagger Blast off

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeff McKinney, Jul 13, 2020.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

It was prep and rider not rules or the bike with 100 more hp would have run away with it.

What rule made the difference from your point of view?

2. edgefinder

edgefinder Well-Known Member

That was better than watching Ben on a 883 and a lot of outsiders are chest thumping how bad ass their baggers are. Good luck with writing rules but how about if half the grid points at the guy with a ringer he has to put the bitch on back.

3. :stupid:

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I didn't enjoy it. It was great to see the S&S team embarrass everyone, but that's getting pretty routine these days. Prolly baggers don't belong on road courses. I wish O'Hara had a good ride on a real bike and didn't have to resort to this shit. Now get off my lawn!

50Joe and VFR#52 like this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

“You didn’t enjoy it.”, yet, “It was great to see....”.o_O

A little early for cabin fever, isn’t it?:Poke:

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Its not too early. 3' of snow now with a high of 1 degrees today and I'm about to start raging. Just getting warmed up :)

ducnut likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Do you rent snowmobiles?

8. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

As of this morning, on the MotoAmerica Youtube channel the superbike race 3 highlights has 2500 views - the king of the baggers race highlights has 30,000 and the full race video has 59,000
    Maybe they're on to something....

23103a, YamahaRick, ducnut and 4 others like this.
  9. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

It's the pop and fizzle for sure. It's crazy because it's a one time thing. As said above, a Grom race would have been just as crazy probably, then ultimtaely fade away.

10. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Indians need balance of performance adjustment, +200 lbs.

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

No. Not even close.

turbulence likes this.
  12. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

y’all ever seen anyone loop a grom?

didn’t think so. fuck off with that grom shit :Poke:

ducnut, rd400racer and Quicktoy like this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hold my beer... :D

Sabre699, stk0308, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  14. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I watched the race on Youtube last night. It would have been nice to see something other than the front two or three bikes. Yes, the race at the front was impressive. Were any other riders near each other anywhere else in the race though? Yeah, I get it - first race, they didn't enforce rules, run whatchabrung, all that. Now, how many bikes finished the race? From what I saw, it looks like three bikes DNF'd out of 11. If the race had been one lap longer, how many more bikes would have DNF'd? It was cool, and it may bring some more people to the races to watch it, but how many of them are going to become fans of the whole race day, and not just the 6 or 7 laps of this side show?

badmoon692008 and Quicktoy like this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

and this is all that matters.

random people watching 2 wheels around a track , building a relation to it, maybe a fraction of them peeking into the exciting races. 10% of the bagger views added to the other races, doubles the other races' views.

notbostrom, ducnut and turbulence like this.
  16. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

gotta start somewhere

Phl218 and ducnut like this.
  17. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Thinking about the whole event / race, I'm very impressed those bikes did what they did on the Dunlop Q4's. I used them last year on my race bike when I did the YCRS and didn't want to bother with tire warmers, but at Laguna, some of those bagger beasts were within 5-6 seconds of really good Twins Cup times while just using Q4's! Anyone see what those tires looked like at the end of the race?

Phl218 likes this.
  18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I don't. There's a guy in town renting SxSs. He'd like to rent snowmobiles but he says every one would come back destroyed. We don't have any groomed trails here... only backcountry stuff in avalanche country.

19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Snowmobiles and PWCs are two things I'd want no part in renting out. Typically to inexperienced users who just hold the throttle to the bars and send it. The rates would have to be pretty lucrative for me to consider.

20. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I think they said during the broadcast that only Harley and Indian were invited to race. I took it to mean that the japanese brands were not allowed to participate. Not sure what the rules would be, but Rob B did insinuate that this was more of an exhibition round and that they would probably refine the rules for the racing next year, particularly if they go to a 3 round series.

I enjoyed watching it. I've hustled my road king around North GA in the past and while they are way more nimble that you would expect, the lack of ground clearance, shit tires, and shit brakes would do you in pretty quickly. Must be kinda fun to run one at Laguna. Kinda like racing my 950 in a local hare scramble a few times but with a professional rider on board. :crackup:

stk0308 and ducnut like this.