1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bagger Blast off

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeff McKinney, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I thought it was super cool. Very fun to watch, would only get better with a bigger field.

Quicktoy likes this.
  2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Sorry, not sorry but I thought it looked stupid. A field of 30 Grom's would have been way cooler to watch and the field would be packed close together I bet with racers pulling on others racers to help with drafting.

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

That was pretty entertaining. Took it at face value for what it was, and enjoyed every minute of it.

jksoft, Quicktoy and TLR67 like this.
  4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I really hope the other manufacturers get involved in this.

Yzasserina likes this.
  5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Maybe on a Kart Track but not at Laguna... I thought it was a pretty awesome show...

6. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Man when Tyler ran behind the orange Harley on laps 5 and 6 after he ran off and chased them down. It was a spectacle to watch. Obviously to the haters there was going to be a broad spectrum of machines there so single line precession is expected and you could see those that focused on handling over power prevailed. Those front three bikes looked amazing squirming into 1. I’d like to see a rules package with some real parody. I’d also love to see the bags fabricated a little more to get them even closer to the ground. It looked awesome from behind.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    Phl218 and ducnut like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't read any of the discussions in the months prior to the race but after watching the highlights, I think this could be a way to draw additional spectators to the Speedway during Bike Week. Maybe they'll even stay for the 200.

TurboBlew, ducnut and Quicktoy like this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Good point.
    It was very entertaining.

Quicktoy likes this.
  9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Everyone at bike week would be in that speedway if they did a bagger class there. Fuck ya.

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

The rules let them raise the bags a max of 4 inches so I'm sure they're all raised up to the max.

Quicktoy and ducnut like this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But MA doesn't run Daytona anymore and word is they won't be for some time.

Whoever runs the 200 and the race could add it as a class I guess but I'd hate to 600 lb bikes running that track on DOTs. Sounds like a recipe for some nasty crashes.

12. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Pretty sure they absolutely nailed that part.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Rules package made no difference, it simply came down to what riders could get their head around what they were riding

14. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

This. S&S and Vance & Hines just know how to go racing vs. some of the Harley shops. Doesn’t mean those guys aren’t talented, but it’s hard to go against big outfits that know how to build race bikes and they put riders on to match.

notbostrom and ducnut like this.
  15. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Here's the race on video, if someone didn't post it already.

those Indians are pretty wicked I did some work in there Orange county Warehouse before they release their new performance bikes they are nice!
    Those things would have my old rz350 sucking air they probably lap me... twice...lol
    I like it cuz I like motorcycles of all kinds shape and form good to see the air-cooled Vance & Hines The upfront those guys know a thing or two about motorcycles that's for sure.
    Some world-class riders finished last...oops

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

This was all the difference.

17. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Not likely. The rules, currently, seem to be written for 'Murican brands only.

18. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Some director needs to lose their job over dumbassery like that.

badmoon692008 and Gorilla George like this.
  19. Did you even watch it? Look at what bikes were in what position, who was riding them and the spec of the build?

20. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

As I said earlier, does anyone think a psuedo factory Indian built by S&S (you know, the ones that run their factory flattrack program) or a Harley built by Vance & Hines isn't going to be running away from a bunch of garage builds?

ducnut, TurboBlew and R1M370 like this.