1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 MotoAmerica Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by Hoffman900, Oct 12, 2020.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

That may have been it. Been a few years so it’s all a little fuzzy

2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

Yes and no.. because if wyman goes to a factory team, that’s one less team/bike on the grid (KWR).. I’d rather kyle somehow get another rider on his team and field two bikes

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Senna likes this.
  3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Wyman is a very good racer but he's a great team manager. . .

Senna likes this.
  4. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I asked him this in one of his live Q&As, if having two bikes would help from a development perspective to have twice the amount of data, but he said unless someone approached him with a pile of cash, he would be happy to remain a one bike team.

turbulence and Suzuka_joe like this.
  5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Quicktoy, Hoffman900 and Newyork like this.
  6. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

That is awesome! Next time we go to CoTA Cam will be in the other Paddock...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

Newyork, Quicktoy and Hoffman900 like this.
  8. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

I get the impression that everyone, probably Cam too, is so bored with his dominance so it’s less shocking.

I sincerely hope he does really well next year and they put the right people around him. I think his riding style will lend itself well to those bikes and I think he too is looking forward to pushing himself again.

Glad to see Canepa is about as fast or maybe a little slower than Scholtz on the same bike. I think Matty is getting about all you can out of that bike and hopefully Canepa provides them some good feedback to develop that bike a little further.

Senna likes this.
  9. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Who’s taking Cam’s place?

10. Hoffman900

My hope is either Toni on a 1 year contract (and let’s JD finish out his Estenson contract) or Yamaha USA gives the nod to Estenson to release JD early to move him to Attack/SBK.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Well, I know nothing about JD's year on dirt and whether he's happy or not but I hope to see him back on pavement.

turbulence and Hoffman900 like this.
  12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Love the see PJ on a superbike next year. Ducati or Yamaha.

sdiver likes this.
  13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Seems like Cam Peterson is making it known he should be considered for Toni's old seat. The guy has been impressive all year.

Any update in on Herrin's status with Scheibe? I know initial reports were the team wanted to retain him. Will they get the new bike next year?

14. turbulence

herrin got interviewed a little bit ago and said he had nothing locked down for next year, then mentioned Cam and Tony’s bike. it would be cool if he got a look for Cam’s seat.. i mean, he did win a championship on the factory yammie

15. Hoffman900

I just don’t see Yamaha taking Josh back. He also needs to stop his shenanigans, he could have gotten another lap after Zanetti balked him, but instead he wanted to wave his hands and make a show of it. In some ways he regressed after he moved on from Stanboli’s umbrella (Meen and Attack), and he didn’t do super hot at Yosh. He’s obviously talented, but I wonder how much of his reboot was Stanboli just being Stanboli.

16. turbulence

yeah, i wish he had kept his head down there.

honestly, that’s one of the reasons i’m a herrin fan though. he’s never been politically correct, he’s never been a yes man. sure his antics have cost him, but he’s entertaining as fuck.

Dragginass and drop like this.
  17. Hoffman900

For me, it made sense when he was in his teens and early twenties, but he’s 30 now. But that’s my opinion and he has good reason to have fans as he is talented and is pretty entertaining.

18. turbulence

yeah maybe.. but he’s got a ton of IG followers, a decently successful youtube channel.. he knows how to market himself and his sponsors. he’s a fan favorite for sure, even when he’s not battling for podiums.

if i was a sponsor with some money, i’d probably throw it herrins way. he always gets airtime, always plugs his sponsors.

i bet his ROI pretty high up for american motorcycle racing.

Dragginass and Hoffman900 like this.
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Toni is testing a Ducati at LaGoooona on Monday! :eek:

20. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

In the MA podcast, he said he wanted to ride a bike that has traction at the end of a race on worn tires like the Yamaha does. He also said maybe he ends up on a Yamaha, maybe a Ducati, or maybe he is done. It was very zen other than he won’t be on a Suzuki next year. Maybe a 2nd bike at Westby? Or the Ducati V4R that the Honos team has shown in a few IG posts. My guess is a Honos V4R or next year. You heard it here first.