1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA + Dunlop + N2 Endurance

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 22, 2020.

1. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I don't think it's said literally very much any more.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Just here because it's a running joke that's never gonna get old. Back when Dutch was the Mid Atlantic Director and didn't take any shit. Garth (@G97) was the Director in the region out there with the corn fields.

3. PPPope

PPPope Well-Known Member

Gotcha. Good’ol Dutch.

“Welcome to trackdays...a habit far more addicting than cocaine.”

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Never really meant it around here.

People would try and market their trackdays by posting up something like (example here) "Who is going to the Hippy Joe trackday at Joe's backyard raceway on February 30th?"

So, to make myself pop I started to post up "NESBA sucks" in the threads. Took hold and is still going like 60 years later.

Footnote is another trackday org used to print up and sell stickers saying "NESBA sucks" and didn't pay me dime one! :mad:

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    mpusch likes this.
  5. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Hey....Garth gave me the bump, ran a pretty good show.

6. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

What's funnier is when someone chimes in with the "track days are killing roadracing" line. Haven't heard that one in a year or two - oddly - since KW won the 200.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because they aren't killing it, they did so years ago and it's just status quo now. Also it was never that they killed racing, but they put one hell of a big ass wound in it. Changing things up and cutting expenses and we stay in business.

t11ravis and pjzocc like this.
  8. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

As a Customer of both now, I can say I like both racing and track days. They're complimentary.

I get more time on the course at a track day generally, it's good practice time for me to work on my technique.

Racing scratches the competitive itch, and I get to meet @Mongo, @assjuice cyrus, @pickled egg and @jksoft and a
    bunch of other cool peeps from the Beeb now and again and put a face these folks I argue with and give shit to all the time.

But I can see how they are competitors for the same Customer base as a revenue stream to keep going. That's just business.

pjzocc likes this.
  9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I get that. As D-Zum said I appreciate both settings for what they offer. For me, if it wasn’t for track days I probably never would’ve gotten on a racetrack, and, in turn, wouldn’t have become a WERA customer. As an outsider, it looks to be a symbiotic relationship for both WERA and N2 these last few years, especially with the endurance collaboration. I’m looking forward to 2021 and spending time with both orgs.

Speaking of 2021...

hashtag when does the schedule

hashtag come out

hashtag I gotta plan

hashtag vacation time soon

badmoon692008 and Motofun352 like this.
  10. CHUCKTOWN26

CHUCKTOWN26 Well-Known Member

What if said “pro” hasn’t raced in over ten years instead? This series is definitely sparking interest.

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Your trademark was denied. Prior art. Everybody knows NESBA sucks. :D

12. buzz-06

buzz-06 Well-Known Member

Personally I don’t really see a need for the separation, was just offering up a suggestion on how it might be doable. Then @Mongo pointed out that road race pro license isn’t super hard to obtain and guys shouldn’t be penalized for fulfilling a bucket list item, which I agree.

13. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Money class and non- money class plus top 3 overall.

14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Glad to hear there is some money FINALLY coming back into the sport. Congrats to WERA and N2.

I also expect them to sponsor the class for slow guys over 45 who run I group track day pace. Where’s that press release?!?!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DucatiBomber, mpusch and JJJerry like this.
  15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

So what are you saying.....I might have a chance?

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Still being chiseled onto a granite slab, Methuselah :Poke:

17. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

Team Yo! / Ghetto Customs is in for 2021 LWT shananagans. What's funny as you guys are talking about pro vs club racers, just about all lwt guys have raced with MA since Twins started so hopefully nothing changes about LWT superbike class.

Rising Sun and DucatiBomber like this.
  18. gcally

gcally Well-Known Member

This is the best suggestion I have heard yet!!!!

With limiting the tank size to 24 liters the team has to plan and calculate when you need bring rider in. Each riders uses different amounts of fuel due to riding style.
    That is what endurance racing is all about... planning calculating and adapting to what happens during the race. When teams run huge tanks it totally takes the fuel element out of the mix. Rider can stay out way to long on one stint.

I would even recommend having different tank size limits per class. More pit stops are more exciting and more of a team effort.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

But WHAAA... we already have a 6.5 gallon tank! We demand our own class! Which one of you whiners is gonna volunteer to measure all the tanks post race?

Rising Sun and JJJerry like this.
  20. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

What is really the issue with the rules as they are now?

N2 has put up something like $32,000, in prize money, this year. Is this $100,000 going to be in addition to this years money? So next year will be $132,000?

The reality is, it's not that much money once you start to split it up between classes and rounds. Even if you divide that amount of money the same way you did this year, the top teams still wouldn't be breaking even.

Don't get me wrong....I'm glad to see more money come into the sport, but this amount doesn't constitute all kinds different classes and rule changes. I wouldn't mind keeping the same format and spreading the money down past third place, but obviously giving more to the top three in each class.

Either way, best to get stuff sorted soon because I have a 9 gallon tank in the works right now...Jk...but seriously thinking about it

Team Meat

Wheel Bearing, JJJerry and exracer941 like this.