1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another truck thread...

Discussion in 'General' started by Rich, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

What year did the the current generation start?

2. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

LOL
    Did they even put the 8 speed behind the 5.3? All the 5.3 trucks I’ve seen were six or ten speeds...
    My 6.2/8speed truck has been flawless so far but only 75k on the clock...
    20k of that pulling a 8k pound trailer around the country.

I’d choose GM again personally.
    A v8 furd would be my second choice and Dodge would be my last choice.

Razr likes this.
  3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Meant 2019 Ram not Titan.

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I like the new Ridgeline, but since I've sunk $5K in my old Titan in the last 12 months, I'll keep driving it until she dies (which could be tomorrow).

[​IMG]best way to reduce breast size

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Why would you be embarrassed. It's probably a good tool that fits the needs and tastes of some. I think we all kind of suffer the same problems. It can be a perfectly good vehicle by every performance metric but if I don't like the way it looks I won't buy it.

ducnut and BigBird like this.
  6. rd400racer

Aren't you the guy in post 14 that said "Nothing in that entire picture worth driving."? I'm confused:D

SuddenBraking, ducnut and BigBird like this.
  7. Venom51

I can only state things from my particular point of view. I don't like Jeeps at all. A Chevy is still a Chevy and I've had my experience as Government Motors owner. I think Ford interiors are uncomfortable messes or just don't suit me personally.

The Honda isn't a truck.

And the last but most important point to me. None of them are offered with a manual transmission.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Some people don't need or want a truck truck.

9. rd400racer

Totally agree with you on all points, and I'll add that I could never own a Dodge because for some reason in my mind whenever I see a Dodge I think redneck. Can't help it, it's just me. I would never in a million years have considered a Ridgeline but as I get older and realize that I'm not going to be hauling plywood or drywall or tow a 6000# trailer, WTF do I need a full size pickup for anyway. I put a hitch on my wifes Pilot last month and hauled two large motorcycles with my Kendon, and it was wonderful. Still got around 25 MPG and I wasn't in a big ass truck.

ducnut and BigBird like this.
  10. Venom51

Well stereotypes exist for a reason. :D

BigBird and rd400racer like this.
  11. rd400racer

:crackup: (coffee spit)

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

The AWD Pilot/MDX can tow 5K pounds, it's no slouch, and a nice place to be if towing, so was my Town and Country :)

13. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

The difference is that no one minds being seen in the The AWD Pilot/MDX

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Has anyone received their Cyber Truck yet?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  15. Venom51

Sure...my neighbor has had a golf cart as long as I've known him.

TurboBlew, R Acree, ducnut and 2 others like this.
  16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The only way the Babymax is going to be everything you hope is to delete it. Otherwise, the emission system WILL keep you visiting the dealer service department.

My buddy’s Babymax is deleted and tuned. It put down 255hp/475tq to the rollers.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

well if you're a soccer mom

18. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Hummer EV coming in 2022 apparently. I want. It's like a more traditional cyber truck that might actually happen. Oh, and if they do an SUV, then I REALLY want it.
    upload_2020-10-21_9-46-16.jpeg
    upload_2020-10-21_9-45-21.jpeg

19. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

yes. I had a 2017 GMC Sierra Z71. GORGEOUS truck but man, that transmission was a fucking disaster. Clunky shifts, hard hesitation, would clunk in reverse. Lemon Lawed it, bought myself a nice 2006 and kept the money.

The 6.2/10 speed or six speed is money.

20. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Stereotypes are meant to be broken. You really should take a new ram for a test drive. I was actually not interested in one at all when looking for a new truck. I test drove the Toyota tundra, the Ford F150, and the Chevy 1500. None of the other three could stand up to what the ram was offering and what I felt was the quality of the finishes. Not to mention the price point was better than any of the other three.

gapman789, rd400racer and ducnut like this.