1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just checked with a friend. It's a dumb MD thing. I don't plan to store my gun that way so "why"?

Someone suggested I buy the omega lock, use it long enough to take the gun to my car and walk right back in and return the lock. I'll see if the shop will loan me one or allow me to return it.

2. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Oh, I believe you. I've read some and think it would be great. At the same time, trying to load after a 13 hr day wouldn't be good, precision would be crap and weekends aren't long enough. Maybe I should just kick myself in the ass this winter and buy a used setup and see what happens...I have a bench in the basement just waiting...

3. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I find it very relaxing and I enjoy the process of tailoring loads for a specific gun and use.

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Reloading can be a very deep rabbit hole. I’m in the buy factory ammo phase again since I’m not shooting at the range as much but I still have all my equipment.

Right now I’m trying to figure out if my arrows are under spinned or the broadheads arent square on the arrow.

5. :stupid:

I love TNs regulations (or lack thereof). No waiting period, just walk in and get what you want. Obviously there is a background check, but it typically takes </= 5min.

The only thing is that they can’t give it to you till you are outside. They have to walk it out of the store. But that’s no big deal.

If the gun can’t be sold without a specific lock in MD, I can’t understand why the store wouldn’t have 19,625 of those on hand at all times.

6. Bring on the zombies. :D

.45ACP on top, 9mm on bottom.

It’s hard to see in the picture, but those stacks are 2-3 deep, they go all the way to the back.

CA4967C0-9D7A-4DD2-BC32-02BD8A8C40A1.jpeg

7. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That's a big glove compartment.

MachineR1 and Gorilla George like this.
  8. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Where's your .223 ammo?

9. Steak Travis

I've only seen people have to do this at academy. Guessing it's a big box store thing, which makes sense to me.

10. Next shelf down.

11. At the other places I frequent, they have to walk it up to the main counter just before the exit. They don’t have to take it outside for you, but they have to take it to the front of the store.

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Damn! Is that all you got? I’d be ashamed to photograph that lil’ bit of ammo. :rolleyes:
    Those shelves look like a low level gun shop that going out of business. :Poke:

13. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

What do you mean they can’t give it to you til you are outside? I’ve never had them walk a gun outside. They generally just pass it across the counter. Maybe just a policy of the store you go to?

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Pick out firearm, fill out form, they validate my CFP, I pay and walk out of store with firearm.
    The way it should be.

sbk1198 likes this.
  15. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Sportsman's Warehouse - They have to carry the gun up to customer service where you complete your purchase. Once paid for, you can leave with it from customer service which is at the front door.

Dick's, before they were dick's and chose not to support the 2A, had to carry the gun out of the store for you. I bought my 12ga from them and this was the process.

So, a big box store thing.

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Jesus....no wonder there's a shortage of ammo and it's expensive as shit everywhere! Leave some for the rest of us dude! lol

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. At Academy, they have to walk you out to the sidewalk in front of the store.

At other gun shops, they walk you to the checkout counter (at the front of the store).

Or, one of them you can checkout at the counter in the gun department, then they walk you out to the little lobby area between the two doors (where the carts are), and will give it to you there right before you walk out.

There are 4 different places I frequent, and I’ve never been able to walk through the store with the gun. How/where they give it to me might vary by 3-5m or so, but they always carry the gun to the front and give it to me before I walk outside (or when I get outside).

Even the smaller “mom and pop” gun store won’t let me walk through the store with it.

18. No. :D

19. Steak Travis

interesting, every gun store I've ever been to here in nashville lets me walk with the gun out of the store.

20. I dunno. Maybe it’s a county thing.