1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bagger Blast off

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeff McKinney, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

You spelled 'O'Hara' wrong. :D

motion likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I was hoping for Scotty Russell out there but not a bad grid for something that's never been run before. :cool:

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I'm pretty sure Barney has owned Tyler pretty much all the time?

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

West and Herrin are arch rivals. One is going to punt the other. LOL

5. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

Yeah...uh...well...the winds of change are-a-blowin' and there's fixin' to be a new sheriff in town. So there!

6. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Is this gonna be televised? I’m thinking this will be quite good fun to watch.

MachineR1 likes this.
  7. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Really...

who cares?

it’s like watching a train wreck :rolleyes:

VFR#52 likes this.
  8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

You must be so much fun at parties, Mister Grumpy McGrump Face.

Gino230, Shocker, stk0308 and 4 others like this.
  9. roy826ex

way more fun than any tired one foot in the grave mfukr on here.

what else you got Mr Yamaha :rolleyes:

Gino230 likes this.
  10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Is it your position that watching a train wreck would not be entertaining?

turbulence likes this.
  11. roy826ex

Exactly, but if its on tv I’ll watch it for little while to see some busted up junk.

Seriously I cannot believe road racing has stooped to this level of ignorance for pure entertainment. Let’s put anything out on a road course and call it a race. Jeez

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I will watch just about anything with a motor being raced on a twisty track. USLMRA, swamp buggies, NASCAR at a the Glen or Sonoma, ALMS, etc.
    This is even better because it is two wheelers and some of them are being ridden by the most bad ass retired US road racers.

turbulence, ducnut and jksoft like this.
  13. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Didnt read the first 6 pages, is this not HD shitting on Buell, the guy who tried to make Harley sportier?

14. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well I sure hope there will be plenty of time for the oil cleanup after this race happens.
    One just needs to look back in history with the 880 class and the parts falling of them and
    the oil they spread around the track to see where this is heading.
    So nah I don't see them being on Tv due to the schedule needing to be kept.
    I do hope it goes off without any fluids or parts being laid all around the track.
    Maybe next yr it can be 2 up Bagger race with coffee holders mandatory.
    Now how about a Bagger wheelie contest instead?
    That I can get behind.
    Maybe on cool off lap if they still running and parts still attached?

Steven

track wagon likes this.
  15. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

You should try swapping the booze for some pot and lighten the fuck up. Or at least just fuck off somewhere else.

Razr and ducnut like this.
  16. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Where's Ru$$ell at?

17. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I hope it’s good fun racing to watch, but have a feeling there will be large disparities in the bike performance and it might turn into a parade. If we’re lucky, there will be a 2-3 bike race for the lead. Otherwise, it will still be fun to watch some big bikes dragging parts and wiggling all over the place.

18. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Back in the late 1990's there was a thing called the BMW Legends. This was an event that had a bunch of past champions "racing" on identical BMW twins. It was a feature show at the AHRMA event at Daytona.
    I was able to be a part of the rider's meeting for the Legends event, held by Jeff Smith, who was head of AHRMA at the time. Jeff was a typical dry Brit,
    with a really funny delivery. I will never forget the key line in his instructions to the Legends:
    "I don't want to see any eight-second leads...particularly by any Mexican riders!"
    They put on an outrageous show. Five wide into turn one lap after lap. Show business, right?
    I can't think of ANY reason why this "King of the Baggers" thing would be the slightest bit different.

SpeedyE, stk0308 and ducnut like this.
  19. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Because racers race, and anybody on that riders list is not going to be sandbagging it waiting for somebody to catch up and dice with them.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Dan,
    The "Mexican rider" Jeff Smith was talking about was Dave Aldana, who had gone really well in practice. The Legends were literally that, all great champions. They completely understood the instructions in the rider's meeting, and put on a GREAT show. I got the impression that the first seven laps were showtime, and the last two laps were actually serious.
    Again, it would be to the immense benefit of Motoamerica and all fourteen of the builders if there were at least the appearance of a race going on. Better show, right? Every bike battles for the lead, every sponsor gets mentioned, every rider has their moment, every fan gets entertained. Don't kid yourself:
    THIS IS SHOWBIZ!!!