1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I was all about the CZ Scorpion until I discovered the Extar EP9. It's a challenge getting one from them as they sell out within minutes of inventory being updated on their site, but from what I've seen, it's a dead accurate 9mm PCC and only $450+shipping and FFL fee.

2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

not to jinx you but ill be shocked if its still there tomorrow just because of where we are regarding guns.

3. :stupid:

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

and if not I will get the CZ 527 MTR .223 he had instead. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  5. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

:D

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I purchased a CZ P10s on Saturday. It's going to be my Wear and Carry side arm. Any thoughts?
    Reviews look pretty good on this one, and it fit my hand very very well. The other option at the gun shoppe was a Sig P238 in .380,
    but that was just too small for my paw.

7. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

So, made my first In-Maryland handgun purchase. The dealer tells me I need bring an omega lock (internal barrel lock) or else I can't leave with the gun. The old-fashioned cable and trigger locks that typically come with a gun won't do. I guess Maryland needs to owners from the crazy idea of using a pair of wire cutters before leaving the store.

What a pain.

Google tells me they come in different sizes. What's everyone's feedback on these? Is omega the go-to brand? Will this sort of lock cause damage, scratches or even get jammed?

8. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

So was the Scorpion still there? Did you get it? I'm kinda looking for one now too. I can't believe the prices people are asking for used ones...in many cases more than MSRP!!

9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

:D

sbk1198 likes this.
  10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I thought in MD the gun had to be sold with a locking device?

11. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

Why couldn't they sell you one, loan you one, or maybe even rent with a core charge, so you can get to your car, unlock it, put in case in trunk and bring back?

Fucking stupid gun laws.

12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Never owned one but got to play with one a couple years ago and really liked it. Didn't put enough rounds through it to be able to confidently comment on its reliability but I can say it left me wanting to buy one.

sbk1198 likes this.
  13. redtailracing

Don't know shit about those locks but absolutely dumbfounded the store wouldn't stock them.

sbk1198 likes this.
  14. redtailracing

Anyone have any experience with the LMT 6.5 Long Range? Been eyeballing one for awhile. Found one at the LGS but they want $800 over MSRP and I don't think I've ever even paid MSRP for a firearm before. Might have a couple leads on a couple others but we'll see how that pans out. One of the others I've found is used and chambered in .308 so I'd have to buy a new barrel but the price may potentially be easier to swallow. Still waiting to see on that one. Barrels are also backordered so no idea how long I'd have to wait for the new barrel. But at least I could still shoot the .308 in the meantime (assuming the barrel isn't shot out). Trying to determine how hard I want to pursue finding and acquiring one of these.

15. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Scored some 9mm ammo today for a great (by present standards) price, 23.6 cpr. Limit two boxes though. :( Still 100 rounds is 100 rounds from a store that hasn't had 9mm on the shelf for almost 4 months.

Gawd I hope we've turned the corner. Something tells me we haven't.

DmanSlam likes this.
  16. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That is why I have bullets, brass, powder and primers for everything I shoot. I also have lead and bullet molds in a variety of calibers. I can shoot 9, 38, 45 and 30 cal for a long time if I need to.

17. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

I have a P10F for home and plinking. I absolutely love it. The trigger is very good and I haven't had any issues with the firearm. My only complaint is that the stippling on my backstrap was pretty sharp and aggrevating the first time I took it to the range, but some light sanding with 2000 grit sandpaper solved it. The slide lock is also super stiff on mine and I've read that its a common complaint about the P10C model as well. Some end up polishing the contact spots to loosen it up, others say it loosens up after 1500 rounds or so. Slamming a mag into it will release the slide and chamber the round (at least mine and a bunch of others I read about do this as well).

I am waiting for my LGS to get the P-07 in stock (hammer fired version of the P10S) to add to my collection as well.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  18. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I have looked at buying used reloaders several times, even found a couple nice setups cheap. The thing that stops me is time. I work 60 - 65 hours a week, which doesn't leave a lot of time for much of anything. Retirement is still 3 years away...

19. Jed

Jed mellifluous

It can be very Zen like loading bullets. Repetition of small movements...

You can load 100 rounds in 30 minutes or so depending on loading press and practice.

20. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Yes. Same here. Thought the guy was making things up at first.