1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 12 now available

Discussion in 'General' started by L8 Braker, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Traded them in. I think I still have a 4 laying around here somewhere. I didn’t trade it in when I got the 5.

2. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Still ok with my iPhone 7. Normal size.

I went from a Nokia 6810 to an iPhone 3 to my current iPhone 7.

I really liked the 6810. It was very advanced for 2004.
    [​IMG]

BigBird likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Still have my iPhone 4, it should be unlocked as it was never a contract phone. I might reinitiate its use. It gets data through wi-fi for free even if I don't have a service provider, but $7 for unlimited calls/text service through USMobile sounds pretty good. The associated "fees" doubles that figure. :rolleyes:
    All I'd need after that is a new car so I can have my own wi-fi hotspot when I'm away from the house. :D
    The 4 was the longest running model and I had no issues with it other than size (compared to the flip phone it replaced, i580, and the flip phone I replaced it with, DuraXE). Battery in the 4 is still good, screen is crystal clear, no dings, dents, cracks or scratches. OtterBox is my friend. ;)

4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Hmmmm.............wanna sell the 4? Wifi only or cellular?

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

problem is the old OS has a lot of security vulnerabilities that were never fixed.

6. fastfreddie

Couldn't care less. My shit is G14 Classified.

I don't do business out of my pocket. If I did, I'd be a Street Pharmaceuticals Entrepreneur. :eek:
    I've never locked a phone and I don't use them to transact business other than by voice. There are no stored passwords, bank numbers, CC numbers, full addresses...nothing. If "they" want my contact list, they get names (may not be real names) and contact numbers. There's nothing in my e-mails worth exploiting other than spam potential to the addys contained in the e-mail server. None of the e-mail addys are listed on my phones, ever, and the mailboxes get fully deleted on a regular basis, as do the call and text lists.

th.jpeg
    :D

tropicoz likes this.
  7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Is your name Jason Bourne? then a smartphone has no use to you.

8. fastfreddie

I have uses for it. None of them involve data transfer.

I've been looking for years to find just_a_simple_fucking_phone. They don't exist...a Cricket doesn't qualify any more than a Fisher-Price toy.

Who said rotary dial? I need one o' them in my shoe. :D

pickled egg likes this.
  9. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Interesting, road racing forum, supposedly all about motorcycles, phone thread goes 4 pages in one day.

10. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

You must be new here.

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  11. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

https://www.thelightphone.com

12. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m upgrading to the 12 pro I think it is. I’m on an 8 plus and I do all our ebay and gunbroker for the business off my phone so I really want it solely for the camera.

rd400racer likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I am asking this for info not to be an ass I promise :D

Enjoyable doing what? I've watched videos and movies and played games on my iphones and even going from the 6 to the X didn't notice a huge improvement in my enjoyment of the screen. It pretty much works and I can see things clearly or not :D

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's why I went to the X, great camera for point and shoot stuff.

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. fastfreddie

That site doesn't move too quickly, does it? Makes me think it's gonna be a buggy phone and not worth $50. Besides, I don't see that being any better than firing up my i4 without a data plan.
    To be clear, when I say just_a_phone, I mean in size as well. Seems to me, the technology necessary to make a cell phone "simply a phone" could look to be nothing more than a case for a battery, with some buttons on it. Nothing but a mini transceiver. Maybe about the size of a car's key fob.
    Remember "pagers"? Like that, but smaller...cuz technological advancements.

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Guess what replaced pagers? Get an iWatch, then you can pretend your Maxwell Smart. :D

17. No, but I’ll give it to you. I don’t need it. PM me your address.

It’s only WiFi because I always have my phone with me.

motion likes this.
  18. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You’re smart. :Poke: :Poke: ;)

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Sold. I'll send whatever a fair market value is to the AFF in your name. PM incoming.

BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  20. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Yeah, you wouldnt notice a difference because they all have the same refresh rate:crackup:. The screen will run smoother and feel faster if you upgrade to something more current. Button presses feel more responsive, screen moves faster and smoother, etc. And what else do you interact with on your phone more than the screen?

I'm not bashing your phone, my phone also isn't as current as the new phones. I'm just saying that it seems odd they couldnt figure out how to get it to work with the new 5g antenna and battery (allegedly). All the other flagship phones have upgraded displays.