1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 8 - MotoAmerica at the Brickyard

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 25, 2020.

1. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Maybe I should get new friends.

RRP likes this.
  2. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

nah - this is exactly WHY we are friends. :D

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Orrrrrr, a friend. :D

but I'd bet that if you needed a friend to bail you out of jail you'd be shit out of luck. Why? 'cause almost everyone here would be sitting in the cell next to you telling you how cool that was. :D

GNC likes this.
  4. kenessex

Pickled Egg lives kinda close to me, maybe he'd bail me out. He wouldn't be in the cell next to me cause he is a responsible adult with kids and stuff.

5. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

6. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

how legit is speedweek? I find it hard to believe he would move over to moto2 especially if American racing is ‘financially lacking’ per article. He’s been in 125gp and knows how cutthroat it is over there & has emphasized he would only go over to Europe with the right ride.

*edit* it does look like joe is going over to italtrans for 21... makes it a bit more legit

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

all 5 of em? nope.. lol. and now have a couple of E-mtn bikes to keep me occupied on days off the dirt bikes. ;)

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

So.. can we finally put the bullshit to rest about the crash?
    From Westby Racing...

adding the text for those without facetube or that need the black and white in front of em..

"...
    In our previous press release on Mathew’s injury, we erroneously reported that he had been taken to the hospital by Kiara in a passenger vehicle. In actuality, Mathew was transported by ambulance from Indianapolis Motor Speedway to Indiana University Health Methodist Hospital.
    “Right after the crash, I was in a lot of pain, mostly from my thigh,” Mathew said. “It was so bad that I didn’t even realize at first that I’d also injured my ankle. All I wanted to do was stand up, and when I did, I couldn’t bend my knee. Then, I quickly realized that I couldn’t put any weight on my foot. That’s when the doctor (Dr. Julia Vaizer from Indiana University Health Emergency Medical Center, which is located in the infield at Indianapolis Motor Speedway) helped me sit in the passenger seat of the safety car to take the weight off my leg till I could get in the ambulance. I’ve noticed that there’s been a lot of chatter on social media about them ‘stuffing’ me into that car, but that’s not what happened to me at all. The medical people at Indy took really good care of me. Dr. Vaizer did a great job.”
    Kiara added, “Yes, the medical staff at the track were brilliant, and so was MotoAmerica’s Jim Buskirk and Norman Lastovica. Mathew was originally planning to have surgery on his ankle at an orthopedist in Atlanta, but Jim Buskirk recommended a surgeon right here in Indianapolis. We are so grateful about how everything worked out because the care Mathew received from the track, Methodist Hospital, and from Dr. Tim Weber (orthopedic surgeon specializing in foot and ankle trauma) with OrthoIndy, who did the surgery on Mathew’s ankle on Tuesday…all of them did such a great job.”
    For Mathew, unfortunately, his 2020 MotoAmerica season is over, but team manager
    Chuck Giacchetto
    said, “Mathew is our Superbike rider. We wish him well, and when he’s ready to climb back aboard the #11 Westby Racing
    Yamaha Racing
    YZF-R1 Superbike, we’ll be ready to support him 100%.”

10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yet one more flipping time - he was already moving...

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, and has nothing to do with the need to get ON the track for the last part of getting to a rider...

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll be waiting for the apologies.

:crackup:

JJJerry likes this.
  14. kenessex

I get my apologies first.:crackup:

15. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You should go on a hunger strike until you get them. That should put you at about 120 pounds before the season is finished.

16. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I don't know if you are well nourished enough to endure a hunger strike, so I'm recommending that you simply hold your breath until your apologies roll in.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

18. kenessex

I'm no Mongo, but I can maintain a hunger strike for quite a while if I need too. Maybe not 120lbs, but easily 30 or so. But, I expect the apologies will be coming right soon since all of the stupid people that I called stupid will now be fully understanding of the facts and will readily admit that they were wrong. Or not.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I ain't starving myself for any damn thing.

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Gonna say a lot of us have broken many bones and otherwise wadded ourselves up a few times and yes, we'd rather just lay in the grass until the flashy bus got there than try to stumble over to a cramp sports car and climb in in full gear.

cav115 likes this.