Round 8 - MotoAmerica at the Brickyard

Discussion in 'General' started by grasshopper, Sep 25, 2020.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't say he was responding to you. Did you read all the posts?

2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I've already said Monday morning quarterbacking is the easy part compared to on the ground decisions.

1. Maybe the doc on the ground had some info that made this the appropriate decision for him. Obviously based on his actions.

2. Sometimes and EMT can be better at making that decision. I've seen it. No one is infallible based off of a designation they hold. Standing/conventional medical protocols generally say not to do what I saw.

3. It has everything to do with what happened trackside. If you gave that exact scenario to 100 trauma experts, I'd be willing to bet that 90% would have him rest in place, and not consider the Camaro. May be a moot point if he was up and moving before doc got there. Then they would have him on the ground. Use of stretchers and litters, backboards, etc can move him pretty easily from there.

5. In the end, no harm came to the rider and he was able to receive the necessary care which is the end goal, so that's a win.

6. Scratch small of that. You're right, and everyone else is wrong.

7. Na na na Boo Boo :crackup:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I thought so but guess not :D

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wait - so you didn't know he was up and moving before the doc showed and yet you're still second guessing the doc?

Good lord, this is why people call the second guessing stupid. If you're going to give the incident to 100 trauma experts try getting the basics correct first. The doc didn't get to him on the ground and then pick his ass up....

5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Does this make you an ASS, too? RRP already confirmed gnc's assertion that I am an ass for calling stupid people stupid, so you must be one also.
    I just get a little pissy when stupid people use a strong position of ignorance to place blame and call into question their conclusion that the organizer and the track don't care about rider safety and the the Dr. was incompetent. I find that wrong and will call it out.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i myself am often triggered by stupid.. i'm seeking a cure, but it could be a long road to recovery.

Gino230 likes this.
  7. kenessex

I am not seeking a cure, because we all know, "You can't fix stupid". I just revel in it since I am old, retired and have been doing this racing thing for over 40 years. I have crashed at the track way too many times to count and have dealt with the emt's, Drs and taken the flashy box ride. I don't have to worry about offending any stupid people since I don't care anymore. If the stupid don't like it they can either keep quiet or they can get smarter.
    See you at the GNF!

Gino230 and MELK-MAN like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh I am absolutely an ass :crackup:

noles19 likes this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's up there in the newsworthy arc with my being short. Known fact since the 80s, man! :D

10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Yes I knew that. I was trying to objectively list facts and show that they can change the on ground determination. I guess I failed at that. I was also trying to show that individuals can see the same info and draw different conclusions, guessed I failed at that too. Also tried to show basic medical protocols typically guide you towards certain actions, guess I failed there as well. Finally, tried to show that no one is infallible from mistakes and that in the end there was no harm to the rider because of what, in MY OPINION, could have been handled differently. Guess I failed there too. Either I was completely unclear in my wording, or you missed it. Either way, life goes on and people will continue to give their opinions over the internet, because...you know, internet and stuff.

11. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

This reminds me of a buddy telling me that when LeBron gets hurt, he just sits down and waits for people to carry him off. He doesn't try to man up or tough it out and walk off the court. He knows his muscles, tendons, and ligaments are his pay day and if they are injured, don't put one more ounce of weight on them than needed before getting to a doctor. Now I haven't studied his history or fact checked this, but it makes sense. The point is LeBron or in this case, Matt has the first decision / choice of whether to stand up or not.

I'll repeat thought that the optics were bad. I was watching it live with other racers on the big screen at the track and everyone around me was wondering why they hell he was trying to get in the Camaro. It looked like they were trying to save from using the ambulance, but of course we didn't have the details, just the optics.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Both times? :)

lopitt85 and Monsterdood like this.
  13. GNC

GNC Jim Rashid

Actually the rim or ring road is just for the ability to reach riders.

14. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

Ditto, could have done more damage moving him!

15. MELK-MAN

of fer fuks sake... lol...

16. kenessex

Or not! Too bad there wasn't a trained medical professional right there, maybe in the pace car, that could have made an evaluation.

17. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I've been there a few times for MotoGP and from the first time I went I noticed how nice and helpful the yellow shirts are. A lot of other tracks could take some pointers from them.

rafa likes this.
  18. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

what an ass...

:crackup:

19. MELK-MAN

ahhh.. i see what he did there.. ;)

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Did you sell your dirt bike?