1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Richie V sandbagging

Discussion in 'General' started by r6fast, Oct 5, 2020.

1. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

If SDK had the same pace that he did last year he'd be winning more races. Lap times don't lie. Escalante is running similar laps to last year, SDK is just a tic off. Needs to not listen to those that are letting the Kawi myth get in his head.

TurboBlew, VFR#52, Shocker and 2 others like this.
  2. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Do you guys think if Hayden Gillim gridded up he'd kick all their asses? LOL

VFR#52 likes this.
  3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I think hes pissed. He is getting so much shit for this and Stamboli straight up said the Kawi is a cheater bike and said it was m4 who filed the protest against SBU and no one has spoken out against Stam.

cav115 and VFR#52 like this.
  4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

CU: A trained eye can kinda watch and see what hes doing, hes screwing around and then pulling the pin.

Carruthers or Bice: You think Richie is sandbaging him at the beginning of the race, and then sdk is doing all that he can and then he just clears out at that point?

CU: Yea, absolutely. You can watch it, watch it after the new comes off of SDK tire.

Im paraphrasing but he then goes on to say Richie was never that good and riding this fast so its because they are exploiting this years Kawi.

VFR#52 and Quicktoy like this.
  5. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

On a equal bike? Yes.

6. humblepie

humblepie Well-Known Member

+1. IMHO, Gillim has more talent than all those in the 600 class. Can a team get that talent out of him consistently? Not always

But frankly, it's way more than just talent that is needed to win. A lot of things have to go right.

VFR#52 and noles19 like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Which is 600 racer would make the best WSSP 600 if they were to go next year? (In a fantasy world where travel is allowed again)

8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I know conditions may have been different, but I'm going to post the best race lap times from 2019 and 2020 for Richie on the R6/ZX6, SDK, and 2019 only for Fong or the winner to reference:

Rd Atl: 2019 v 2020
    RE [1.29.372] , [1.28.684]
    SDK [1.29.478], [1.28.725]
    2019 Fong [1.28.685]

Road America 1 & 2
    RE [2.19.870], Rd. Am 1 - [2.19.325], Rd Am 2 - [2.19.163]
    SDK [2.19.041], Rd. Am 1 - [2.19.816/DNF], Rd Am 2 - [2.19.423]
    2019 Fong [2.19.420]

Pitt Race
    RE [1.44.042], [1.44.288]
    SDK [1.43.823], [1.44.641]
    2019 Fong [1.43.984]

New Jersey
    RE [1.23.292], [1.23.097]
    SDK [1.22.843], [1.23.472]
    2019 PJ Jacobsen [1.22.709]

Barber Motorsports Park (which is arguably faster this year)
    RE [1.27.217], [1.26.651]
    SDK [1.27.397], [1.27.040]
    2019 Fong [1.27.055]

So, in general, Escalante is going faster this year, and SDK is going slower. Also Escalante was only faster than last year's winner at Road America and Barber. I'm calling Road Atlanta equal at a 0.001s difference.

VFR#52, jd41, Circacee and 1 other person like this.
  9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Yep, 4-5 laps and then finds some spot to exploit and passes SDK and checks out.

10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Ah reminds me of the pre @Gorilla George days when Polen would do this on the Ducati. Seriously, stop your whining and admit that you’re getting beat by a better rider. If 36cc’s made that big of a difference, everyone would be building them in the factory with that displacement.

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Watching him race is like watching a poor man's MM93. He knows he's faster than the other guys so he just waits and then checks out when he's good and ready.

12. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Fucking tired of the M4 team and their bitching.

Attached Files:

• m4.jpg
      m4.jpg
      File size:
      129.4 KB
      Views:
    VFR#52, henry_carlson and khill like this.
  13. fastedyamaha

How can you prove there was intentional contact?

14. Circacee

Same way they are "proving" the sandbagging... Excuses.

VFR#52 likes this.
  15. fastedyamaha

He’s riding a bike that’s legal per the rules...it’s embarrassing that a team with this much class and race history would stoop to this level and act this way. He’s not cheating by riding this bike in this class.

TurboBlew, VFR#52, Shocker and 2 others like this.
  16. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Amazing CU writes that. Guess he forgot about how he used to ride.

brex and A. Barrister like this.
  17. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

geezus threads like this are comical... everyone knows this and that. Folks, 2mm overbore, legal for the class, is an advantage. I don't care what anyone says. YES, the crying now is also comical, as ya'll have said, the bike has been legal for some time. But when DK and Graves put their mind to it, they made the bike very very ridable, and just as in the drag race game.. there's no replacement for displacement. Get a bike sorted? 36cc's is 36cc's. Should everyone just get on with it? yep.. but just dismissing the advantage the bike has now that they got the rest of it sorted, is IMO, comical. NO DOUBT Richie rides the fukin wheels off that bike too, I have not seen bike control like his, in a few years. He's an amazing rider, but the bike is pretty darn fast as well. I KNOW what 36cc's difference feels like. It's noticeable.

cav115 and VFR#52 like this.
  18. fastedyamaha

If it was that big of an advantage every single person would be racing one! You’ve been in the sun riding dirt bikes too long.

drop, The Great One and Circacee like this.
  19. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That letter totally explains why cursive writing is being dropped in our schools.

Pride & Joy and A. Barrister like this.
  20. Circacee

LOL