1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. socal

socal Well-Known Member

In my expierience Fizik runs larger than Shimano. In Shimano I found a 45 too small. I currently wear a 45 in Fizik with an orthotic- a little long but I can wear them all day in comfort. Fiziks look great long term- just dont look as beat up as some of the others over time. S-Works are the worse for wear- great shoe but finish is gone in no time, eg toe-overlap.

pscook likes this.
  2. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. I am planning to check them out tomorrow. I wear a 46 Shimano but it's just right-ish. If the Fizik is 0.3-0.5 sizes lomger/wider I just be good.

3. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I contacted Garmin and they were very helpful. Since they didn't offer the gasket itself, they offered to send me an upgrade pack with not one single pod like I used to have on my Vector 2s, but two pods so I can install them on both pedals (worth 287$) ! You can say what you want about their products, but their customer service is awesome and I'm very happy !

pscook likes this.
  4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Fizik shoes are three bolt whereas I use two bolt SPD pedals. No Fizik shoes in my near in my future. Regarding sizing, my limited "try it on" experience has me in a 46 in Shimaon, Pearl Izumi, and Fizik. Fit feels similar, but I would need to have my footbeds (Specialized Body Geometry) and some time in the pedals to provide a better evaluation. But if I fell into a smoking good deal on shoes and pedals, Fizik would fit the bill.

5. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Just get the gravel version of the Fizik road shoes, they are SPD compatible.

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

I had not considered that option. Now I need to find a local shop that carries MTB shoes as I want the waterproof winter version anyway. Thanks!

brex likes this.
  7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Finally the upgrade kit didn't solve my problem so they simply send me a pair of Vector 3 pedals ! Sweet :D

TurboBlew and pscook like this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

cha0s#242 likes this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

If you’re going to spend the money, buy a Dimond. Made with pride, in Des Moines, IA, USA, by American workers, from a company owned by an Ironman legend in TJ Tollakson.

AC529A6A-83CB-4C5F-BE2D-EE5AB8FB1685.jpeg

Senna and BigBird like this.
  10. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

cajun636, ducnut and BigBird like this.
  11. OGs750

OGs750 Well-Known Member

cajun636 and BigBird like this.
  12. Youpaiyou

Youpaiyou Well-Known Member

Any recommendations for a new rider with a budget of $3k?

13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

what kind of riding? You can find a variety of bikes well under that price point. Start at a LBS...

ducnut and Youpaiyou like this.
  14. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Spend $2000 and save $1000 for fit consults, different saddles, and lots of bib shorts.

15. Youpaiyou

Local roads with some friends and maybe some group rides with folks from the local bike shop.

16. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

On my road bike, I found that changing gearing made a huge difference. It needs to match the type of riding you will be doing. HUGE difference if you have big hills to climb.

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Basically a rule of thumb is $1 for every mile youre gona pedal in a year. If starting from scratch Id suggest something with hydraulic disc brakes.

StaccatoFan and Youpaiyou like this.
  18. knedragon29

knedragon29 Well-Known Member

The new is gravel type bike or a roadie that will fit a 32 plus tire . Best of both worlds , ride the roads and hit the trails.

ducnut and Youpaiyou like this.
  19. Youpaiyou

I’m guessing that I should wait a few months and get a 2020 at a reduced price?

20. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

In todays market I don't think bicycles and "reduced price" go together. Its more like bicycles and "out of stock" go together. Unless its a 10K+ model you are shopping for. You can buy those.