1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I was very happy with TR’s program this past winter. I built up to a training FTP of 3w/kg, which was my target back in December. I think their programming is plenty for most people. Maybe if you’re at the pointy end of Cat 1/2 you’d need a more personal regimen. I’ll hop back on their program in the winter months again for sure.

2. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

Just got this a couple days ago 91A54883-EB5B-4D34-9A62-C01A1E9ED3F7.jpeg

3. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Took a tumble down the road and embankment on Sat after getting my front wheel taken out in a group. Road rash from shoulders to ass on both sides and hips/legs are stiff af, mc crashes never hurt this much. Bike appears okay with minor rash on levers and pedals but I will inspect it properly when I am mobile again. Helmet took one for the team and prob prevented serious damage by the look of it. IMG_20200905_123502_copy_1512x2016.jpg IMG_20200905_123518_copy_1512x2016.jpg

cha0s#242 likes this.
  4. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

yup, your bucket saved your melon.
    glad you are ok to report!

Just got a Sigma BC14.16 STS computer with Cadence.
    Anyone else got a Sigma of any variety??

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Jeez yeah Id say it saved your ass... errrr head

6. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

B65D7B90-7CC7-41E1-B10D-301C41A26C6D.jpeg
    Here’s an action shot from my first, post accident road ride.

TurboBlew and RichB like this.
  7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Where is that? Cornfields are pretty familiar on my rides too.

8. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Just south central PA, across from three mile island on a backroad

rafa likes this.
  9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Ever draft any Amish?
    :D

10. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

8C156D94-7D87-4FCC-BC6A-9A7148C7257B.jpeg
    Yup!

TurboBlew and Jedb like this.
  11. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

For the handful of times I've driven out there, dodging the horse shit is annoying in cars, can't imagine having to do it on a bike.

12. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

The worst is Lancaster county. The buggies make troughs in the road and when it’s raining, it’s a little gutter of wet horse shit!

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I busted the rubber o-ring weather seal replacing the battery on my Garmin Vector 2 power meter. Garmin isn't offering a replacement part. Anybody know where I could find a similar seal ?

14. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

You can probably get something through a local auto parts store. My go-to store has a box of o rings that I can dig through until I find the right one. Or, you can measure it and search online. I believe that o rings are like bearings with dimensional part numbers.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  15. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Blast from the past: What do you think of your Fizik shoes? I'm looking at their Artica shoes for winter riding, but I don't want to order without knowing the sizing. Shimano and Pearl Izumi fit well for me, can you provide your experience and comparison? Assuming you bought a pair of Fizik, that is.

16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

To be honest, I only have work this Fizik cycling shoe, so I cant compare to others.
    It is pretty nice, actually slightly bigger than what I was expecting. I would recommend

17. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I read somewhere that they are on the narrow side. Kinda like Sidi S-Fit.

18. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

And this is why I need to try them on in person before buying... :D

But thanks for the inputs. I'll respond here when I get a chance to try them on.

19. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I have the first gen Fizik R3, they're not my favorite shoe. Fit is okay, arch support is good, toe box I'd say is similar to a Shimano, taller than the SIDIs I've had but width-wise maybe similar, but smaller than Specialized S-WORKS in most dimensions.

The biggest issue for me was the stack height felt quite a bit taller than the rest of my other shoes, which meant I needed to change my whole setup to accommodate. I still have them around for short rides, but I don't do serious miles on them.

20. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

That's good to know. I read the same info in an article, so it's good to have consistent information. I'm not keen to have to change my setup just for winter shoes. But I do like that they are similar width to Shimano (my preferred shoe), and I can drop in my footbed to make up any arch support issues. But stack height might be a deal breaker.