1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tinitus

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

After years of playing metal, racing bikes, and just general stupid shit, my ears are ringing non stop. It doesn't bother me sleepwise, it's just annoying during my waken hours. Any home remedies out there? I ain't going to a doctor.

Thanks

2. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

No cures, but I sympathize.
    My life is a constant EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

jaybirdka and Photo like this.
  3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Nothing that I know of, the only thing I was advised to do was cut right down on my salt intake (no processed foods) and drink lots of water, which is pretty much what I do anyway.

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Phl218

Phl218 .

Howitzer driver, 155 mm shells and aftermarket duc-pipes did the trick for me.

initially I had blood thinners prescribed after the military which did nothing.
    It’s nerve damage on the fine hairs that are part of the hearing in the ears

I’ve seen a trick where you lay your hands on the back of the head near the rears and snap the fingers on the skull. That helped a little bit not enough for
    Me to do it regularly.

let me find it

5. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

Went to a ear doctor last year for mine. All I found out was I have damage (which I knew) and was told that there wasn’t anything to help it.

Just be happy that it doesn’t bother you when you go to sleep. It drove me crazy one year and dark things passed in my mind to get rid of it. Luckily I got through that point and now just hardly notice it at bedtime.

BigBird likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

My doc said I should put a small fountain or fan in my bedroom for background noise

the fountain would have had me running to the bathroom like crazy

Shocker and bleacht like this.
  7. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Right before bed , pour a 1/2 oz of PBR into each ear canal and cap with a wax plug . In less than 2 weeks , your ringing will be gone .

Phl218 and Robin172 like this.
  8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, nothing you can do to cure it. The fan, or if you’re a dork a white noise machine, helps at night.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I have a fan in the bedroom and one I can take on the road. You just have to adapt

Photo and wsmc42 like this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I have it as well from bikes and playing army man. It sucks.

I freaking hate...like HATE!!... when someone drives with the windows down. that will set mine to ELEVEN for about a week.

My Hillbilly uncle always likes driving with the windows down. I have to child lock the windows when I drive with him..."I like to smell the country air" Yeah well I like for ears not to ring for a week. I paid for AC, I'm using it.

GM GIXXER and ungwaha like this.
  11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It’s time, man.

Time to pawn off your Iron Maiden collection and stock up on some Enya.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I only notice it if I stop and listen for it. However it does get noticeably worse when my neck is tight, some year I'll pony up the cash for some massages and see if that helps.

13. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I played trumpet in bands, pits and orchestras all my life, worked in cotton mills then with jet aircraft since 1992 and vintage motorcycles. My tinnitus is in the key of Bb.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    turner38, bfkidd and Phl218 like this.
  14. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

All the ladies will say you need essential oils

SpeedyE likes this.
  15. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I read articles talking about benefits of NAC (N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine) supplement. Some saying military would give it to soldiers. I tried that for a while and think I had some improvement. NAC causes your body to produce more Glutathione if I remember correctly. My mom, who works in a health food store, got me taking Clinical Glutathione from Terry Naturally. it sort of bypasses the step of the NAC. I feel like it helps me. If I am going to the range, I take it a few days prior and after.

Otherwise, as others have said, nothing to make it go away. Mine is low pitch which I have learned to mostly tune out. Weird thing with mine is hearing tests show no hearing loss out of normal range. I guess I just have a short circuit.

16. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

I have a permanent 727 apu running in my ears. I can still mostly hear unless there is background noise, then I’d be better off with a chalk board.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

What?

18. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

How can you wear a hat with that thing hanging out the side of your head?

A medium sized jet engine (well Turbine actually but you get the idea) from a Boeing 727 used to provide power when the BIG jet engines arent running.

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I can't stand a quiet house because then all I can hear is my ears ringing.
    Years of standing in the 3-10 split without earplugs didn't help at all.

20. Phl218

Phl218 .

Whaaaat?

skidooboy likes this.