What triggers your inner Broome?

Discussion in 'General' started by joec, Sep 26, 2020.

1. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Black wheels. Black wheels will send me on a killing spree.

:D

gpz11, Gorilla George and fastfreddie like this.
  2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Get out of my head!

It's probably the only thing that I call anything close to OCD from my part.

I don't count stairs. Who knows how many steps their main flight of stairs have?....

3. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

16. I am totally guilty of three way switches, dimmers, etc. It is all random to me, I just flip until I get what I want. I'm surprised I haven't died in my sleep.

4. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

The oil fill cap on upside down on an engine.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah? Not putting the switch that didn't do what you wanted it to back in the position you initially found it could get you that long nap. :eek:
    :D
    (I'll start turning up your dash lights whenever I finish driving your Jeep. :oops:)

6. Steady T

Steady T Xaus Power

My inner Broome was triggered in a positive way...

Last week, this bear was loitering on the deck of my parents' place in NC.

I wanted to go out, high-five it, give it a pic-a-nic basket, put a Fez hat on it, and teach it how to ride a Livengood-prepared unicycle.

upload_2020-9-26_16-23-27.png

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Cones. (Note: I did buy the picture. It's just that I can hot link the one that the photographer posted to my timeline.)

[​IMG]

8. joec

joec brace yourself

Another reason to get my ass up there for the late night antics. ;-) Lol.

9. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

07 & 08 ZX6R oil filter location and being stuck in the slow lane while some asshat in the fast line makes it a point to pace themselves by using my rear bumper as their speedometer.. I slow down, they slow down...speed up, so do they.

10. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

....also, semi trailers with raw or polished rear doors should be legal day or night.

11. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I fondly remember following your strict itinerary on the way to Bike Week, then unfocusing at Bulow and sharking some Outlaws on the pool tables at The Ape Hanger before the wet t-shirt contest turned into the no t-shirt contest.

48% OCD, 51% fun!

50Joe likes this.
  12. :crackup:

13. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Lol, 75% thc / 25% cbd, used liberally, would fix a lot of these things I'm reading in here:D

14. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

All of it. I must win at all of it.

15. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

They're watching the infield closely, now. We had two dumpster fires in a month. You'll want to check out Lemons next month. The Three Pedal Mafia usually sets up a hot tub and a dildo fight breaks out.
    I'm not sure how far they can go this year with their Covid-19 protocols in effect.

[​IMG]

cha0s#242 likes this.
  16. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

12. It's always been 12, and will always be 12. But I still have to count.

14 stairs between landings (28 steps total) at my work (four flights plus a mezzanine). Eight steps between the mezzanine and the floor above and below. However, in another building (built to an updated code), 16 steps between landings, except at the mezzanine which is two below and ten above; side note: I can take these stairs two at a time. What else are you looking for?

FYI, I count in multiples of four, so the 14 steps in my primary building takes me a bit to accept.

17. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Disposals in general Broome me out, I hate em’. They stink, and wiping everything off with paper towels into the trash is cheaper than a plumber cleaning the crap they leave in the pipes. Your local treatment plant will thank you also.

beac83 likes this.
  18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Oh man, that's a great memory from around 1996 or 1997? That campground was an awesome place to stay back then. I also remember blasting through the deep sand on my R1100RS on the way to where our tents were set up when everyone else was paddling through it trying not to crash. :crackup::crackup:

The hardcore bikers probably didn't know what to think when a clean cut nerdy BMW rider weighing all of about 145 lbs took them to task on the pool table. But, they were all cool at that place every year we stayed there until it stopped. I never really did hear why it pretty much got closed off to bikers.

motoboy likes this.
  19. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The ones on the showroom floor now are no different. The trade off is a trans that comes out without splitting the cases. I use tin foil in the shop. It still sucks.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  20. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I’m pretty easy going. Probably so easy going that I have to be cautious not to set off others’ inner Broomes. But someone else adjusting the seat in one of my vehicles will set me off. It mostly applies to electric seats without memory. No matter what, I feel like I never get it back exactly where it was. If you’re a valet, I’ll check before I tip. If I did you a favor and loaned you my car, prepare to hear it from me. There are people who are on my exceptions list, but they are people like my dad or my old boss who loaned me his R8 many times. Outside of that, you better be 6’11” or something before I don’t get annoyed. I don’t know why, but I’ve been like that since I was 15.