1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Imagine owning a business where you can sell as much product as you can manufacture at whatever price you ask. Life is good for ammo and firearm companies right now. Hookers, blow, yachts and private jets.

sanee and sbk1198 like this.
  2. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Supply and demand...

3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm game...no pun intended. :D

4. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Got an email from one of the several online gun stores I used to frequent that they have 9mm 115g ball ammo back in stock, so I clicked on it to see what’s up. $400 for a box of 500!!! Earlier this year I was getting the same thing for no more than $100!

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m paying customers 3 times what I sold them ammo for just to have some ammo on the shelves.

6. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

wow thats a new one. big online retailer?

7. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Picked up a Kimber 1911 yesterday. Looking for recommendations on both concealed and OWB holsters.

8. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Scored a sweet new 6" Colt Python last week. :beer:

It's in the safe....the wife doesn't know about it. o_Oo_Oo_O

"Oh that thing honey....it's been there for a while." :whoosh:

tiggen likes this.
  9. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Anyone have a new vaquero or single action revolver? Seems like one would be fun to have

10. Otis

Otis Well-Known Member

I have one of the older large frame Bisley Vaqueros in .45LC, great guns. The newer vaqueros I believe are limited standard pressure loads due to the smaller frame.

11. Good luck. Hope yours is better than mine.

12. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I like REAL leather, not that kydex stuff

13. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

a buddy of mine picked one up from a lgs (4.25 barrel) and it felt great. he just randomly stopped by to see whats new and they just got in 3 of em. he paid slightly more than msrp but still a decent price compared to whats on gb. such a beautiful work of art and could not stop playing with it

14. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I have a bunch of SAA clones. something about a nice single action pistol. 44 mag Ruger Super Blackhawk (one magna ported, one with a Nikon EER scope), a couple of colt single action army replicas (45colt, 32-20, 357) and some 22lr's (Ruger bearcat, colt peacemaker). Just something solid about them. Hard to go wrong with the Rugers but they are a bit larger than the traditional Colts, but you can shoot some pretty full house loads thru them if you want to do that.

15. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I bought an FN509 Tactical a while ago and that's my new go to pistol. Shoots great. I'm a lefty for pistols, so I really like FN these days. Nice assortment of magazines, compatible with most of the red dots out there, and shoots great. Just shot some rounds thru it today with a Dead Air Ghost can. stupid fun. :)

wsmc42 likes this.
  16. I dunno dude. Personally, I prefer a Kydex specifically molded for the gun. Especially since I always have one in the chamber, and none of my EDC’s have a safety (don’t want a safety). The hard Kydex eliminates any chance of trigger manipulation.

It is super easy to draw/return them. No “drag” either way, and they fit perfectly in the exact same spot every time.

17. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and ordered the gun. All the things you mentioned are part of what made me want it. Sounds like the red dot mounting system is dialed.

18. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Seems like it's slowly coming back, just checked Vance and they have some Sig branded 9mm brass at 40 cents and several others under 50 cents. AR stuff is still 70 cents for brass and 30 for steel. A couple weeks ago they had ZERO .22LR and now there's a few choices.

19. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

i dont see ammo prices coming back till next year

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I've got 5k+ rounds of .22 and just got a single action revolver, so if I start loading now I'll be ok until next year.

sbk1198 and rd400racer like this.