1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. That’s awesome.

Doesn’t matter here in TN. Every one sold needs a background check. They don’t even ask to see my CCW; it doesn’t make a difference.

2. ....except right now, you cant hardly find any.

I’ve got 2 “go to” sources online, and one of them has 10 pages of 40 items per page of 9mm....with only 2 items in stock (and those are +P versions).

They only have 3 different .45ACP options in stock.

The other site I use doesn’t have any, of either.

Bass Pro and Academy, neither have any 9mm or .45 in stock.

I can go to my local gun shop and they will have a very small inventory, with a 2 box max per customer. I’ll do that in a bind, but I typically order it online, in bulk.

The bad part is, that includes range ammo. They don’t have any of that either. I typically go to the range 2-3x per week, and will go through ~300 rounds each time.

I have a lot of ammo now, but at some point I’ll have to make a decision to cut back on range time, if places dont start getting shit back in stock.

3. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That’s what I’m saying. As bad as it is now it’s going to get worse before it gets better. My buddy just bought 3500 9mm from a couple different sources for an average of 50 cents a round. As insane is that is I was surprised he could locate 3500 rounds. In two months I’ll bet that’s impossible to duplicate. Hope not but it seems to be headed that way

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. I’ve browsed online and seen some places as much as $1.20 per round, for defensive 9mm. :confused:

5. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Yeah I just paid a dollar a round. I don’t shoot much of those but apparently more than I thought. Plus the more carry guns you get the more ammo out there in mags

6. I have a set routine.

Everything stays loaded and chambered 24/7 (just me and the wife in the house), plus each one has an extra magazine loaded and sitting beside it (wherever it is stationed).

Each time I go to the range, I’ll pick 3-4 guns to take with me. Then I shoot the two magazines worth of defensive ammo (already in them), and I’ll have the other spare magazines filled with range ammo. Then I’ll continue with range ammo until I get done/tired.

Go home and clean them, refill with defense ammo.

Rinse and repeat.

The only that routine varies is if I’m going to change/try a different defense ammo. Then I’ll bring it and run at least one box of it through each gun, before I will utilize it at home.

7. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

You may want to revisit the thought of a .22lr upper..
    :p

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Y'all waste way too much ammo.
    I take a shot, any range, any weapon and usually bullseye that first round so, I'm done. Next gun, please. :D

Jaketheone46 likes this.
  9. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Anyone have or shot both a FN509 compact tactical and a Sig P365? My wife bought the Sig back in June and loves it. The gun had a great feel to me, but I have not got a chance to shoot it. I had wanted the 365, but since she got it, I started eyeballing the FN. I just talked to my cousin yesterday who is a FFL and he has a 509 Tactical compact in FDE. I am super tempted. Any feedback on the FN or both guns in comparison?

10. Jaketheone46

Jaketheone46 Well-Known Member

I don’t have that specific FN but absolutely do love the FNX45 which has made me want to try other FN products.

11. Jaketheone46

Back in the day I was the same way growing up living where I could walk out and shoot. It had been quite a long time for me a few years back and I came back a little rusty.

12. Jaketheone46

My wife’s a bit iffy about the one in the chamber thing and I always tell her, you won’t be iffy anymore if some freak kicks our door in.

sanee and Gorilla George like this.
  13. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Ok, Quigley.

14. fastfreddie

A little WD40 and gettin' back on that bicycle is right as rain. :D

Few people have it, I'm blessed to be one of the 'em. When I was in the Navy, I got assigned to a detachment that was based on a weapon not in the Navy's wheelhouse so, off to Ft.Bliss to train with the Marines and their FIM-92 Stinger missile. My final grade (<ahem> cue the report card comments :D) was 100%. I didn't miss a fucking thing academically, training or live. In fact, I set the time record both for locking on to and downing a target. "If it flies, it dies" was our motto. I had some arrogant Tomcat pilots argue otherwise but I was able to shut them up by asking "Why would you even be in my airspace?"

15. fastfreddie

^
    "This one shoots a mite further." - Mathew Quigley
    :D

16. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Sooo....where's that not-ridiculously-priced 9mm ammo at?? lol Prices are out of control these days!

17. No shit. You are doing good if you can’t find it for <$1/round.

18. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I figure the dog will tell me when to chamber a round.

19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I need to introduce you to Mr. Rigby. If you don't pull the first shot just a little, you'll be the only one so far. I guess I could hand the gun to someone already loaded, tell them it's just a .243, and see what happens.