1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 7 |MotoAmerica Superbikes at Alabama | SEP 18-20

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 16, 2020.

1. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Met the guy last March at a special event for the 200 and he is a great guy. Talks very well and is articulate when talking.

Was sharing his 200 race he won back in the day and was a blast to listen to.

I'd vote for Sadowski to take Floyd's place... and @Trainwreck for President !

@Trainwreck for President :flag:

:beer:

She is very easy on the eyes ;):D

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I fear that Rog is going to fall into the trap of working with someone difficult to the point of his own demise. What was mild annoyance earlier this season has transgressed to an unwillingness to engage in the most recent races. I was definitely on Rog's side before, as Robbie was just saying the dumbest stuff. Last weekend, Robbie seemed to be making a whole lot more effort than his cohost.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  3. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I'd say in the booth with a cooler. He cracks his first beer during Q1

4. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

That was funnier than shit!!

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Robbie Floyd does come over to Kaleb's pit almost every day at the end of the day to try and get some background as to why certain things happened in his race or session. So he is making some effort to learn some things that will improve his commentary. He was complaining about the camera guys keeping the feed on other battles, while important things were going on, he has no control over that and they can't hear him. FWIW. I do think it's funny when Rog gets into him, especially about the motocross stuff.

Andrew Lee paid a hefty sum for that SBU ride, the problem with the ECU is that it had turn-by-turn mapping, which is not allowed in MA. And of course the trans.

6. Hoffman900

Hoffman900 Well-Known Member

Hopefully SBU makes good on Andrew’s deal.

7. Jager machine as well.

8. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

MA taking a hard stance on the ECU was dumb, as long as they verified the data was wiped, why not let them run? If they ended up scoring any points, make them verify in parc ferme afterwards that they weren't running any turn-by-turn logic. Why squander a slot when the grid is so thin anyways?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense, same deal as when they had Dreb doing the track announcing and then the online/streaming classes where Greg and Jason do the actual TV shows.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Both of course. Ski is fun either way :D

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because the rules are the rules and their job is to enforce them.

12. rice r0cket

Mr Mongo, champion of law and order.

Rules are the rules until you no longer have a grid. Dorna saw the need to build in some flexibility in the rules to allow for new teams to join, hopefully MA doesn't burn themselves. Given how difficult it was for Lee to find funding for a ride, hopefully his sponsors are still optimistic despite losing part of their investment in an already shortened season.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. You have to enforce the rules. Period. If you're having issues drawing teams then you change the rules but you do not allow known illegal bikes to run.

14. spoon32

spoon32 Huh???

I agree with Mongo, that's just how it works. Years ago in the old 600ss class I had a GPX logger on my bike which was illegal but I disconnected everything so I could still use the lap timing feature. I got called over to the impound after QP1 and they told me it needed to come off the bike before QP2 even though they verified it wasn't logging data. Rules are rules.

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Then thats something the teams and riders need to speak with MA about. They don't get to intrepret the rules as they see fit. Even if it seems to make more sense. When the grids become so small, they have to combine classes at a professional level, then theres trouble.

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Why did MA change the rules regarding the ECU after a team spent months looking at the rules and building their superbike around those rules...oh, wait a minute.

17. rice r0cket

Maybe y'all need to stop thinking its club racing? Concessions have been made in the past, whether it be F1 or MotoGP, as one time exceptions.

Leave it open to protest if other teams felt there was an advantage gained, there's avenues to amicably solve this instead of turning away companies dangling money in front of you.

18. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

lol!

show me a pro series who has a rule book, then a team that violated that rule book and THEN had concessions made:

you don’t ask for concessions after you get caught with illegal parts.

mare you new to racing? On any level?

19. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

When did MotoGP make a "concession" and allow an illegal modification to be run in a race?

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It was brought to the attention of MA by another superbike team. MA took the appropriate action.

TurboBlew and Gino230 like this.