1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 7 |MotoAmerica Superbikes at Alabama | SEP 18-20

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

This..

My lady was in the room and said something like "that dude sounds fucking retarded"..

and walked out.. LOL

2. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

If you go to 5+ MA events, you should come to the GNF and hang out. You will have some real fun.

JBall likes this.
  3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

My wife watches the races with me most times. she was like "wtf! HAHAHAH WHAT A FUCKING LOOOOSER!!"

FWIW My wife is legit one of the nicest people ever. She never really makes fun of anyone.

4. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Same.. Mine thinks I'm crazy for waking up at 0430pst to watch WSBK, followed by a run and shower only to plant my ass down for MA (when they run the same weekend). She's taken a liking to Cam B... :whoosh:

5. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I agree...and for what it is worth, Jamie and Hannah add 10X more to the broadcast than Robbie Floyd does.

If you're two seasons into doing color commentary on MA and you still think the race for the final podium spot is "trying to get through the Last Chance Qualifier" then you need a lot of improvement. Unfortunately for the viewer, neither he nor Roger Lee seem willing to dig a little deeper into the event/rider's backgrounds to improve the level of their product.

I said the same about Simon Crafar initially....now he is one of my favorite parts of a MotoGP broadcast.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

You actually think a show director listens to what the announcer says about what needs to be seen? That's funny.

henry_carlson likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm 99% sure they don't hear the announcers feed in the truck.

mastermind, stk0308 and henry_carlson like this.
  8. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Simon Crafar was atrocious at the beginning, but he has drastically improved to a top pit reporter. But I couldn't imagine him in a live booth.

Perhaps they should try sending Floyd to the pits? He was originally supposed to be a short term substitute but covid messed things up for <blanking on his name>.

MA should call Colin Edwards, put him in the booth with Roger ,and send Floyd to the pits.

5axis likes this.
  9. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I vote for Dave Sadowski

KneeDragger_c69 and drop like this.
  10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

:timeforabeer::timeforabeer::timeforabeer::timeforabeer::timeforabeer::timeforabeer::timeforabeer::timeforabeer::timeforabeer:

Ducman851 and grasshopper like this.
  11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Well if we're wishing for things that won't happen. I'll vote for Dave Despain in the booth.

evakat, Shocker, Trainwreck and 6 others like this.
  12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

It's Robbie and Roger all day at the track except when White and Pridmore are calling the races.. When the track is cold they do interviews and play the inside MotoAmerica show on the PA

13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

And that jingle guitar riff... over and over and over.... o_O

JJJerry and henry_carlson like this.
  14. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Correct. Everyone can choose the mix of coms or program on their headset or panel. Most everyone in the truck will hear program on speakers, so they’ll just have coms.... whereas a cameraman on pit lane might hear both.

Commentators will typically only hear the producer in the truck, unless the director chimes in with an all-call.....

t

15. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

Despain was an awesome guy to work with in all respects... and one of the reasons I was saddened when Wind Tunnel went away as Speed became FS1. Working on the last episode of Wind Tunnel was a special moment in my career and doing the audio post mix on one of his Special Assignment episodes (where he interviews Carrol Shelby) is a highlight of my audio for TV work for sure.

2blueYam, MELK-MAN, motion and 6 others like this.
  16. So you are saying she had a friend with her and was pointing at you? :)

17. You were very fortunate to at least worked with one of the greatest dudes to ever grab a mic.

18. Sober or drunk?

19. Couldn’t stand him at first then he turned a corner, maybe because his tech pieces are so good I overlook the other shit. Edwards is awesome in the booth, that Jamie lady is doing a pretty good job I think, I can overlook Hannah’s annoying voice (to me at least) for obvious reasons (KW scored big on that one).

20. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Can they give that MotoA trophy girl a full time job? I'd like to see more of her, she seemed like a very nice lady.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.