1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brake Cables

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Robin172, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I need to get some brake cables made, apart from Motion Pro is there anywhere that can do this at a reasonable price and time scale?

2. joec

joec brace yourself

Barnett, the clutch company, will make cables as well..

3. Doc_Rot

Doc_Rot Active Member

4. loser

loser Well-Known Member

Terry Cable in Hesperia, CA. They will work from drawings. Way easier to work with and much more accommodating than the dickbags who I have worked with at Motion Pro. (Which is a shame as I like Motion Pro, but the couple guys they have answering the phone have a serious attitude problem. Which would even be forgivable is they had any experience or the slightest clue what they were doing).

5. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Give Chris at Venhill USA a call. He is super easy to work with and will get you what you need.

6. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I'm not too confident of my soldering skills when it comes to front brake cables, clutch and throttle yes but brakes, no.

Will the make them? I had some cables made by Venhill in the UK years ago and they did a good job.

7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I believe they do all kinds of custom cables. I know he works directly with the factory in the UK on alot of stuff for custom Harleys, etc. I think it would definitely be worthwhile to give him a call and see what he can do for you. Full disclosure, he is a good friend of mine but from what I have seen he goes further out of his way to help people than most. I would be very surprised if he could not hook you up.