1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well so much for Laguna

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducman851, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

2. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

sucks but it could have been cancelled completely which would suck even worse.

BigBird and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  3. Ducman851

Now I have find some one to “crew” for so I can see the bagger circus

4. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

For those of us that avoid FB, what does it say? No spectators?

5. Ducman851

Yes sir

YamahaRick likes this.
  6. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

7. ahrma_581

ahrma_581 Well-Known Member

I was expecting to read the property was being turned into a golf resort.

Blammo, BigBird, t500racer and 8 others like this.
  8. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

9. This old Rz

I am stunned that is not already happened I don't know the property situation. but I would be very surprised if that track is around in a decade....there's more money living there to the Bay area than most Americans can't even comprehend..

BigBird likes this.
  10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

WTF! Honestly I'm not too surprised but I wish they would have announced it earlier before I spend $$$$ on accommodations and plane tickets for me and the family

Ducman851 likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

People have been saying that for decades. The property is government owned.

12. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder if the event will happen- obviously I hope it does, for selfish reasons. But I wonder if it's financially viable with no fans? I guess they are between a rock and a hard place, considering they committed to a 10 round series and they are running out of options for tracks.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

As long as Nancy can still go get her hair did across the way...then its all worth it!

jd41 and Newyork like this.
  14. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

I offered 400 grand for it, but i have many, many stipulations.

BigBird and noles19 like this.
  15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

yeah, and what would the government want with money?

BigBird likes this.
  16. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

My understadning is that campers may still attend, however, there is no access to the pits or fan acitivites.

17. This old Rz

All these years I never realized that.....duh and it's fairly obvious in the 80s I sat on the Fort Ord side and watched two years of 500cc Grand Prix races for free along with many others on base.
    Those local hotels up there really got my goat one year. I placed a reservation 7 months in advance at the Best Western on the beach, it's a pretty damn nice place for a Best Western, with courtyards for my dog and everything.
    We arrived two days before the Grand Prix and they tell me my hotel reservation was cancelled, and obviously where she at I was never notified, they raised the rates $700 a night and had given to another party.... And they had no current vacancy.I just about brought the roof down raised a big scene.... Then my wife got involved things got serious, we did not get our courtyard room but got another room facing the beach.
    We called Best Western filed a complaint and got four nights free at a Best Western of our choice.
    F@#kers up there.... Gouging everybody for rooms even Motel 6s were going for $500.00 a night. And then they wonder why the fans didn't attend like they did in the 80s. That was the last time I went there.... Been there nine times that was the last I just watch it on TV now

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  18. Ducman851

She got duped in to that.

19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Rates in the 80's were nosebleed, too. We used to be 4-6 to a room until we gave up and started renting a house on the beach 30 mins away for the race weekends.

20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Same here! This thread is a relief. It’ll come eventually though. No way all that money lets a bunch of fucking peasants keep standing up their air with their noisy motorbikes and cars.

BigBird likes this.