1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's buying wera?

Discussion in 'General' started by noles19, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Gawd, I love idiot head indian spammers at times. Had Jhon Cook, J0hn Cook and Jhno Cook all sign up and got deleted last night. :crackup:

Phl218 and TurboBlew like this.
  2. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Super mod fail for not letting it go through. Could have provided another week's worth of entertainment.

3. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

The Irish and Iroquois lacrosse teams, who have redefined the value of sportsmanship. After the Iroquois Nationals learned they wouldn't be able to compete in the 2022 World Games because of a technicality, the Ireland national team stood up and requested the Iroquois team take their place. (By the way, the Iroquois people LITERALLY INVENTED THE SPORT OF LACROSSE.) Teams were selected for the World Games based on their performances in a 2018 tournament. Even though the Iroquois team came in 3rd to the Irish team's 12th, the Iroquois team was ruled ineligible because it doesn't represent a sovereign nation with an Olympic Committee. Ireland stepped in, saying it's only right that the accomplished Native American team represent the sport at the games. "You have gone above and beyond not only for us, but for what you believe is right," the Iroquois Nationals tweeted to Ireland Lacrosse. "Your actions have spoken louder than words showing everyone the true power of sport, and the spirit of lacrosse. We will never forget that."

BigBird and scottn like this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bet the Iroquois bought drinks one night at the bar :D

t500racer likes this.
  5. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Wow positive change and not a single ILM t-shirt had to be printed

brex likes this.
  6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Maybe the should retain a GA lawyer to stop the World Games from using the name Lacrosse.....

7. mastermind

mastermind camping in turn 2....

I have a few great recommendations for GA lawyers, which considering I live in NC.... is saying something.

t

Shenanigans likes this.
  8. mastermind

Growing up in Canada, lacrosse was part of our standard high school phys-ed class.... but then so was curling......

beac83 and BigBird like this.
  9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Barbell curling? Sweet!!!.........kidding:D

10. mastermind

:D :D :D

The curling ice is slick.... and you're in shoes... just learning how to not fall and bust your ass is an art form.... never mind throwing the rock in the same zipcode that it needs to go in, or learning how to sweep... or when to sweep and when not too......

BigBird and Metalhead like this.
  11. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I loved watching the 2010 women's curling, especially the Canadian team captain....

mastermind likes this.
  12. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

13. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

See? I get this. EVERY FUCKING THING is a competition. I dig the hell out of curling. I dig ping pong too. And ice racing on motorbikes.

Competition is competition.

End very bad rant.

BigBird likes this.
  14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

There's 3.2 million or more rednecks south of the Mason-Dixon line thinking WTF is this dude talking about, just saying...

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Redneck : check

South of the Manson / Nixon : check

Understood that entire post: check

I'm truly a Renaissance Redneck! :D

BigBird, VFR#52 and 2blueYam like this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

And yet there's 30 million or more Canadians trying to understand that you're fixing to push your buggy at the Piggly Wiggly, then tote your kids home after they have scattered, covered, and chunked with their pee can waffle for breakfast at the WH, just saying...

beac83 likes this.
  17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

You couldn't be more wrong. Every last one of those three million rednecks sat down on their respective couches during the Winter Olympics, turned on the TV, took a big swig from a cheap beer, and watched curling for the first time. As they sat there, bemused and scratching their unclothed bellies, a sudden realization dawned upon them. Here was an Olympic sport that could actually be played by a bunch of tubby middle aged guys who like alcohol and fried food! Those athletes on the screen were just like them! The sport has found its natural fan base.

BigBird likes this.
  18. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

If it ever gets the go ahead, sign me up for a few ...

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

And then we met at a bowling alley and discovered that we were one and the same. :beer:

20. mastermind