1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FB Marketplace horror stories

Discussion in 'General' started by USracer900, Sep 8, 2020.

1. USracer900

USracer900 Well-Known Member

I've sold maybe a dozen items over the past couple years, never an issue, until yesterday. I swear, this woman put me in a bad mood for half the day yesterday over a $20 child bicycle seat I sold her last week. Young couple in their 20's, husband picks up the bike seat last week, no issues. I posted 5-6 pics like always with a generous description, seat is used but works perfect, have hauled my 2 kids around for the past 8 years, no issues. Woman texts me yesterday asking if it's missing pieces, it won't mount safely. I say no, it's all there. She texts a pic of the manual and pics of the parts. The two rear brackets are different, I paid no attention to that as it's always worked perfectly for me, that's the way it was when I got it also. One bracket locks in and mounts with a single bolt. The other bracket simply mounts with two bolts. One of the bolts is slightly bent during tightening but still works perfect, it's a non issue. This woman won't let it go.

I tell her to bring it over, I'll mount it up and even put a new bolt on for her, I have tons of spare hardware. She keeps on saying it's unsafe and is missing pieces, then insinuates I lied and shouldn't have misrepresented what I was selling. This is over a freaking $20 used bike seat that (in fact) has all the hardware to make it mount perfect, that I offered several times to mount for her. Short story long, I lose my patient and tell her it's not my fault she's too stupid to figure it out which escalates things through the roof. Few more messages and she says she's "reporting me". Whatever that means. I know, halfway through the conversation I should have just let it go but there are so many freaking idiots out there. I'm losing faith in humanity. Your thoughts? Would you have handled this differently?

BHP41 and Gino230 like this.
  2. USracer900

Forgot to mention, she said I will get what's coming to me, come "judgement day". Good lord, over $20 bike seat.

BHP41 likes this.
  3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Just throw your used stuff away... It's not worth the fkn hassle.

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

People are stupid

5. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

I’d offer her the opportunity to return it and reclaim the $20. $20 is not worth risking your immortal soul over. :D

6. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

I've had much better luck on facebook than ever did on craigslist. At least you can kinda investigate the people you are about to deal with as opposed to showing up blindly

BigBird, DmanSlam, Pixelator and 2 others like this.
  7. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

This is my favorite saying at work. Well that and ...

Some lives matter.

Kolbe, TurboBlew and USracer900 like this.
  8. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hail Satan!

Sweatypants and USracer900 like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You didn't offer a return for a full refund (+ $5 if she promised never to contact you again) the first time she refuted your explanation? If you really need $20 that bad, you could have asked us. It might take a few of us to join in, but I'm sure we can come up with that kind of cash.

Rebel635, Rico888 and USracer900 like this.
  11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Some people just aren't cut out to buy used stuff, but get drawn in by the lower price. I would have told her to take that bracket, rotate it 90* clockwise, and jam it directly up her ass :D

I buy and sell stuff (tools, equipment, etc) and run into the odd fuckwit every once in a while, but for the most part it's all been good.

My wife side hustle is hand dyed yarn, and you should see the fucking morons who buy her product and have every issue known to man with it. She's refused my offers of me being her customer service dept numerous times. The fuckwit customer always has the same resolution at the end though...strange.... "well, you clearly wasted enough of my valuable time trying to resolve this, I just propose you refund my money and I will keep your product and try and make it work for something as compensation." never fails, almost every time. Just complete scrapes trying to skate through life on other peoples handouts.

Sweatypants, BigBird and USracer900 like this.
  12. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Someone says something like that, I'd just reply back to them "Well I'm reporting you to the police for extortion". Generally the people that are that dumb (guessing a Karen in the 1st place) dont have a clue what extortion means other than its bad. Or you can just beat her to the punch and report her FB account as fake/scam.

Personally I would had just told her once it was there when you took it and never respond to her again. Kid that bought my dakota started freaking calling me constantly. Just blocked the number. I told him exactly this is a PROBLEMATIC TRUCK and needs ALOT of repairs. Even so far as agreed with his dad that theres other vehicles that would be better for him. Nope he wouldnt listen since he wanted a manual.

USracer900 likes this.
  13. USracer900

You are absolutely right. Seems like a year ago it was a good way to build up a little cash from junk around the house but lately it's just not worth dealing with all the morons.

BigBird likes this.
  14. USracer900

This made me laugh. :) What's funny is one of the brackets actually does rotate 90 degrees and locks into place. That's what she was bitching about, the other bracket didn't do that, it mounted with 2 bolts instead of 1. I wanted to punch this woman in the face.

15. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Beeb answers for life's problems...

Follow her around and when ever she tries to buy something, buy all of them first.
    Find out where she works and make a sub-par offer for the business on the condition she is fired first. It helps if you sue the company for some lame reason first.
    Shit in her fort. If she doesnt have a fort then her house, car or yard will suffice.
    Post her address and the beeb will shower her in glitter bombs, dildos and posters of bon jovi's ass (or another aging rock star's ass).
    Threaten her with a 3ft screwdriver.
    Parka loud (preferably Champion or Coleman) generator near her bedroom window and let it run all night.
    Mess with her suspension settings.

I'm probably missing a few but this will get you started.

16. USracer900

I didn't even mention that 80% of the messages I get are "Is this still available". The first thing I type in the description is this: "If you can see this ad, it's still for sale. I will not respond to messages asking if it's still for sale. Thank you for understanding." Never fails, 8 out of 10 freaking messages asking if the item is still for sale. Mostly from foreign names so there must be a communication breakdown somewhere.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

No shit, immortality has no price!

18. Dan Dubeau

lol, I got chewed out by some guy for sending "is this available" to something he had on marketplace. Didn't even know I sent it, it was just a default message I guess I clicked on when browsing past his ad for something I wasn't even interested in. His response called me a dumb fucking retard and a bunch of other things. Made me laugh. :D

Sometimes I put stuff up with the price and "or interesting trade". Almost ALWAYS one of the first 5 trade offers is a 1995 indy 500 sled that ran when parked, probably just needs a "carb clean". ALWAYS. And boats. Lots of fiberglass boats, that "just" need one thing. :D Always entertaining.

badmoon692008, tony 340 and TurboBlew like this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

What's an Indy 500 sled? I want!

20. Dan Dubeau

A prized Canadian possession. Worth approximately one RS250 in fair condition. I will broker the next deal with you that gets offered to me ;).