1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SV Racing Parts tire warmers???

Discussion in 'General' started by dudutzu, Sep 7, 2020.

1. dudutzu

dudutzu Well-Known Member

Does anyone have any experience with the "SV Racing Parts" tire warmers?
    Based on the price, one would assume that they're another no-name chinese, but he swears up and down that they're top quality and lots of people at MA and club level buy them and love them...

"These are Pro Level 200 Series Tire Warmers, We developed them for use on the big Dunlop 200 Race Slicks, they go across the full tire tread surface area and come with Deep Side walls to contain and drive heat all the way to the rims. These are Full Coverage.
    These are Excellent Quality Tire Warmers used by both MotoAmerica -AMA Racers and Club Racer across the USA. We ship hundreds of sets every year. Our Feedback and our longevity and numbers of items shipped speak for themselves. Our 3 Temperature Tire Warmers work and have an Awesome reputation. We are not here to talk anyone into saving on our High Quality products.
    "

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

We use them, but there just on an Ohvale, and Honda Rs. But have had no issues with them. I haven't tested if the really heat the tire evenly.

3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

except in this case the anonymous warmer seller has been around awhile. Ive had all different kinds from CH to MotoGP and everything in between. Woodcraft and CH have lasted the longest. I would buy those before buying some used set.

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Never seen them in a MA paddock, but like @assjuice cyrus said. There are a lot of people using them in the MiniGP paddock.
    They seem to work just fine for everyone that has them.

L8RSK8R likes this.
  5. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

got a few years on a couple set,,easy to set/change, been reliable,,,,,

6. dudutzu

Thanks guys!
    Also, I haven't been able to find any real world pictures, so if any of you have any pics, please share.

7. StaccatoFan

You work for the company or something? Cyrus and others have said they use them. Isn’t that enough?
    They go around tires and preheat them. Why would anyone take photos of that?

8. dudutzu

Not sure how I offended you...
    I'm just trying to do my research.
    I've never heard of this brand or the guy that is selling them so I would like to make an informed decision.
    I asked for pics because I can't find any, and the seller claims "deep curtains" and that is very open for interpretation...
    Yes the heat up tires, but you most likely know that they're not all the same, some are better than others, and I don't know about you but I would like to avoid the crappy ones.

9. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

I would not trust one word that guy says

TurboBlew and RRP like this.
  10. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I wondered if you would comment here. :D

11. StaccatoFan

You didn't offend me for the record.

Here's another vendor option:

https://www.73motoparts.com/tire-warmers

The SV's are on Amazon, which I'm sure already know.

Buy the best of whatever you need that you can afford and hope for the best bang for your buck performance from that product is about all I can say. If you're not going to spend $400 for the higher end warmers, then the SV's are probably your option. Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you. Going out with not cold tires is always the best option, and pre-heating the tires is also helpful for getting your initial hot tire pressure.

I'm also under the impression initially this is for Minis, and I think one of the key attractions to minis is all the fun of racing at a generally lower price point.

12. dudutzu

I'm actually looking for the 200 size warmers, but I'm guessing that the same materials and craftsmanship went in for all sizes.

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

He would try to sell a ketchup popsicle to a woman wearing white gloves ..

TurboBlew likes this.
  14. StaccatoFan

That changes the use case significantly. When you say the SV's, my mind automatically goes to Minis because that's where I see them. Warmers for 10 and 12 inch wheels are kind of hard to find. SV's are very common in that paddock, with the intent of keeping costs down for many as well as limited choices.

Chickenhawk, STG or Woodcraft warmers then every day of the week for big bikes.

15. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I bought a set recently for myb98 SRAD, haven't had a chance to use them yet . Actually havent taken them out of bag yet, easy to deal with and fast shipping from them.

Buell1965 likes this.
  16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The SV ones might be fine, but I don't know of anyone running them so it is a gamble.

My 2 cents:
    If you want to save money on warmers: Chicken Hawk Privateer, STG or MotoD.
    Still too much money? Buy a used set of CH or Woodcraft.

I have a set of Woodcrafts that are at least 10 years old. I did send them in to Woodcraft for new cords & switches about 3 years ago, but the warmers themselves still look and work great.

17. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

if you don't use brake cleaner and a butane torch to preheat your mini tires you're trying too hard.

18. drewnabobber

drewnabobber Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t buy anything from that guy. You can get cheap made in China warmers from lots of places.