1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sensors

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Gravisman, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Gravisman

Gravisman Well-Known Member

If I want to start geeking out and adding sensors to my bike for data collection, where should I go looking? Probably most interested in a brake pressure sensor. Perhaps wheel speed sensors after that.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

3. Gravisman

4. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

It looks like they are just standard analog 0-5 volt sensors so any half decent data acquisition system should be able to use them. You may have to adapt the plugs.

5. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

The application will have an A-D (this is the "scaler) that can be set up for the particular device you are installing.
    The defacto standard on CAN and most other auto or motorcycle sensors is 0. to 5. vdc.

6. warclok

warclok Well-Known Member

I have the I2M chrome pro installed on my race and garage queen. The race bike has all the sensors now, front rear potentiometer and brake pressure along with dual rear tire surface temp. If you have any questions Mike from MDM whom responded above can help or myself. Great system btw!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jd41 likes this.
  7. Gravisman

Thanks, warclok - I’m also interested to see that you’ve got a Mac program for data analysis - seems like everything out there is windows. I tried googling the name, but “data analysis software pro” is too generic and wasn’t helpful. Where did you get that program?

8. warclok

warclok Well-Known Member

It’s java based so works on Mac or windows. Go here and download Danas software, manuals are there as well...

https://i2m.it/en/download-list/

Here is a vid using racerender video over lay and the data from the I2M, just missing rear potentiometer and brake pressure which is being installed this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Shuma-gorath

Shuma-gorath Well-Known Member

Curious about the i2m product. How is the software and maths? Does it allow you to export the data? What is the max hz it can log the sensors? Can you use other sensors or just there's, how is the quality of the dash?