1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 5 |Komatsu MotoAmerica Superbikes at the Ridge | Aug 28 - 30

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 25, 2020.

1. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

My opinion is the track is not ready yet for MA, but MA is struggling for events for the TV package with all the COVID stuff so they let it fly. There is construction everywhere. There was gooey fresh sealer on a few seams during Wed track walk and they were painting curbs on Friday night. For certain, run off areas need to be enlarged and smoothed and the last turn with the pit in setup definitely needs to be changed. A lot of bikes and riders got torn up at the ridge and the number of red flags certainly tells the story. Right now, it is for sure the new "Sears Point" of the series.

Gixxerguy855, rcarson15, 418 and 5 others like this.
  2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

there's auto blip for the Kawi's.. a couple guys i race with have em.

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I've been curious about that, I tried to look for it but couldn't find a system easily I asked Mesa but he said he doesn't want it

4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

The track doesn't even have the final lift of race pavement yet, and it's been operational for 8+ years. I don't believe that the track is good for racing due to the configuration of the track and walls as well as lack of groomed runoff. However, I'm just a slow former club racer who has raced at the "best in the Northwest" tracks. Once the original operations manager got run out on a rail, the new managers have shown that they are not motorcycle friendly and not race knowledgeable. They have acquired some decent track management folks recently (from other tracks), and the track itself is great for lapping and track days, but not racing (yet?).

418, TurboBlew and younglion like this.
  5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Arnold Hastings has it on his new kawi.. he loves it. I found it to be the best ad-on to my bikes (08 r6's) that i have raced for 10 years ..

6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

This. Pacific is still the most fun. Sketchy, but I ain't care.

7. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

Amen. Getting grip and pushing the front (move forward on the bike!) coming out of turn two for the drag down the hill, getting T5 "right " (not Eli Edwards, but still), dragging parts through the bump in T8... Sigh.

8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

interesting! I have it on my r6 also and love it

9. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

It doesn't matter, the track has a huge sponsor and is hungry to please MA. They had a ton of people ready to go to the race and the track isnt that bad. Utah, a great track, had 100 people attend so it was axed. I understand the issues but also wonder how many people fucked up because they had never riden it before. Yea it needs some work but I would hope MA would evaluate some things and as fans/riders lets not write it off just yet and deem it "Sears Point" just yet.

younglion likes this.
  10. henry_carlson

He and Celtic go way back, he will be with Celtic still. G Dub mentioned that they were trying to get a straight up factory supported superbike from Ducati so fingers crossed, he'll be in MA SBK next year.

Quicktoy and Suzuka_joe like this.
  11. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

i would think if HSBK can get a full flagship SBK from Corsa it would even help with the development of KWR's program. They'd be able to bounce ideas off each other like the other teams do. Stamboli already said if anyone on a R1 has questions to drop by and he'd answer them. Apparently he gave some help to Flinders for setup with their triples. That kind of stuff can only help the sport even being competitors.

12. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I'm not writing it off, I'm just saying it has issues. Hopefully the issues are resolved and MA returns to a safer facility..

pscook likes this.
  13. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Didn't look like they had place for all those people.

henry_carlson likes this.
  14. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I think once it was " no spectators", they put those changes on hold. That's what I heard anyway..

henry_carlson likes this.
  15. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Welp. Just finally watched the super sport races and the riders interviews. Many of you guys on here are very political about it and very polite about it. To me, SDK is a whiny little bitch and I’ll never ever be a fan. When I saw him cry after race 1, my 11 year old looked at me and said “Is he a millennial”? I told him absolutely he is. He wants to talk about numbers. Lmao. May wanna educate yourself on real number first moron. He’s put me in a place where I cant stand him and will pray he never wins a race the rest of his career. Sorry to anyone who likes or works with him but he will be forever known as a whiny bitch.
    Now I’m going to go read that article and see if RRW was biased towards the 636 just so their rider could whine about it.

16. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Seems like Andrew Lee has something brewing, potentially with Franklin Armory again.

Honos also seems to be teasing a Ducati superbike?

17. henry_carlson

IDK what Andrew Lee ( he has been teasing something all damn year) is doing but the Honos bike is a bit of a paper tiger. I tracked that image back to the dealer (@dlgmotoart) who has that Ducati in Mexico and asked if they were racing it and they said they were only doing track days. Maybe something in the furutre!

Senna likes this.
  18. 418

418 Expert #59

Let me know what other national caliber racetrack has unprotected trees in the infield and a wall on the outside of the racing surface that MA currently goes to, because I can't think of one.

The layout is great.

The runoff situation is straight garbage. I'm kinda shocked the track made it on the calendar in the first place.

KneeDragger_c69 and pscook like this.
  19. drop

drop Well-Known Member

And its on next years calendar. Dumb as shit.

418 and Quicktoy like this.
  20. henry_carlson

Yea, I agree and the manager also hinted that she was suprised too (she was on the most recent MA pod) but I'd say they got mad $$$ and Utah/ Sonoma were just that bad that MA couldnt wait. She said they are still working on the track. Putting a final surface on it, and "addressing" issues.

418 likes this.