1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 5 |Komatsu MotoAmerica Superbikes at the Ridge | Aug 28 - 30

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 25, 2020.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I of course already know the answer to this question, but if m4 riders complain about the bike so much why not switch brands? Because debise use to complain about the old ass gsxr all the time also and that was years ago..

badmoon692008 and Circacee like this.
  2. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I don't understand the G-Dub hate. I love the guy. Super passionate about the sport; takes his announcing game very seriously and puts in the work and research. It is not an easy job. I'd love to see the folks on here that are vocal about the crappy announcing and see how they'd do on the mic. Greg and Jason are keeping track of a ton of things behind the scenes while trying to announce what's happening on-screen. Greg does a great job at putting things in a palatable format for potential new viewers.

I've listened to every episode of their podcast and have a huge amount of appreciation and respect for both of those guys.

Quicktoy, JBall, eppy01f4i and 4 others like this.
  3. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

G-Dub is a fucking all star compared to that Robbie Floyd asshat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5axis, rcarson15, Shocker and 2 others like this.
  4. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Nobody says that up here except for Vermin Supreme.

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

To be clear, I never once blamed the team. I'm simply addressing the disparity in the rules.

Parity between different engine configurations is a different conversation. This one is simple: Kawi gets one engine size and all the other inline 4's get a smaller one. It's biased.

6. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

AND he was faster on that GSXR than SDK is now. The only one that was able to keep up with the Graves Yamaha guys.

noles19 likes this.
  7. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Yes, because that's what's available. Again...blame the manufacturer lol None of the motorcycle manufacturers give a shit about what MotoAmerica, WERA, FIM or other orgs think. That is a tiny percentage of their business and advertising. They're in the business to make money like everyone else. Kawasaki made a bike to be better and more wanted than the competition so they can simply sell more bikes and make more money. It's up to the racing organizations to change their rules to allow or not allow certain bikes, not the other way around. Manufacturers don't look at the MotoAmerica rulebook before coming up with a new model. If racing orgs don't want some bikes on the grids, that's fine, but now they're losing potential numbers. My guess is MotoAmerica wants a bit of diversity and seeing some other manufacturers, not just Yamahas with a few Suzukis sprinkled in between like it's been for so long.

If it really was a better bike, the grid would be full of them. Look at the Jr Cup. It's all kawasakis, with the exception of one guy on a Yamaha. That's a much bigger difference in displacement and everyone clearly saw that in that class the 400 is the bike to have, so now we have the Kawasaki Jr Cup lol

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I suppose the other team could petition MA for an overbore/ displacement bump for the 599cc.

I know that does nothing for this season, I have no idea if that’s realistic. However, it would address the “disparity”.

The 636 sure looks like a handling nightmare compared to the GSXR.

9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Yamaha gets 8 fuel injectors and the Kawi gets only 4. Its biased.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Uhh...

You think the plethora of 599cc and 998/999cc bikes is a coincidence?

11. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, well, Suzuki has BNG each year!

:D

12. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

RE is unreal. I sat in the parking lot a few years ago at ACS watching him go into turn 12-13. Every time he came down the back straight I was so nervous he was going to crash, watching him brake and slide into 12....insane talent. M4/Yosh/Hudson bought out an entire level to test. It was awesome.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I don't have an issue with people saying "side-by-side", but he overuses it so I like to poke a little fun at that. Not a big deal and generally I agree he does a pretty good job of announcing. I could make a fairly long list of sports announcers and commentators that are worse and more annoying. That would start with Chris Collinsworth and continue through probably at least half of those employed by NFL Fox.

14. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I hope RE wipes the field and takes the championship.

Some of you are the whiniest mofo's out there. The 636 idea has been off and on since 2003, 17 years. The current 636 has been around for 7 years and all of you complaining bean bags haven't said a fucking thing about it. Mind you, most of you are also the same ones bitching about MA adding weight to PJ's V4R after he won one round at RA.

"Hur dur Kawi transmissions suck. The bike sucks, the chassis sucks!"

<Wins a few rounds at MA>

"Hur dur, 636 is cheatin!!!"

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

I don't think it's a secret that Graves has contributed an overwhelming portion to the development of the chassis. I've had a few Kawi's over the years, and I'm back on a R6 myself. Don't have any die hard loyalty to Kawasaki.

May the haterade fountain be ever flowing :crackup:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  15. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

So what's the latest word with PJ? Seemed like he *could* ride at road Atlanta if the bike was running properly. It made sense for him to miss Pitt race since it was the following weekend but I really thought he would be a the Ridge. If he doesn't show up at the East Coast (especially NJMP) rounds it makes me think something else is up.

I still think the 22 lbs is BS :D

16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

They have been running that bike on the SBK class now, no need for ballast.
    I feel bad for PJ, hopefully he will get something good next year, but has been tough for him - WSS front runner, WSBK terrible bike, MA 600 front runner, MA 1000 bike fire. Maybe next year is back up front on a 600.

17. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

There was an announcement made about a month ago that PJ was sitting out the rest of the year to recover from his burns.

18. SWest122

SWest122 Well-Known Member

All I know is the 2013 to current ZX6 is the ugliest supersport ever designed. It doesn't matter how fast it is, that shit is hideous therefore unrideable.

Knotcher and RayRay like this.
  19. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

whoa! I missed that one. Sucks man, I was at the Chuckwalla testing days when he and BP ran their bikes all day.. INSANE speed throughout the whole track. PJ's a dope dude!

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

R6 also has throttle by wire, which means they have an auto blipper and can adjust back torque with electronics. I think everyone is forgetting the lap times the R6 and GSXR did with Gerloff/Beach and Debise with MA rules package after they dumbed the 600s down to true SS.

sbk1198 and MELK-MAN like this.