1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your road bicycle

Discussion in 'General' started by cha0s#242, May 19, 2016.

1. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Sure! Here’s mine
    [​IMG]

2. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I have a early 2000's Bianchi XL, full Dura Ace.
    [​IMG]

Thinking of getting a Bianchi Infinito XE to replace it, but it has 105. I have been out of the cycling loop now for some time. No longer racing, just doing fitness rides and exercise, which is why I am not really considering laying out the extra dosh for the CV version. My buddies that are still in the loop state that the current Shimano 105 is as good as Dura Ace was a decade ago. Any thoughts on current 105 or and feedback/reviews on the Bianchi Infinito XE?

cajun636 likes this.
  3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Nice bike.

105 is good. Quality improvements basically stop at 105, the rest is just lightness. IMO.

Road bike tech has been stagnant, if you're happy w/ your current bike, I'd stay with it. The only "real" changes in the past 15 years have been a shift to wider tires, introduction of disc. and 12 speed cassettes.

Wider tires, I can get behind, discs are still not need-to-haves for me, and 12-speed is whatever. Maybe once I blow through the brake track on my carbon rims, I'll feel differently, but a $800 set of wheels is still less than a new bike. 12-speed isn't worth my time (especially since it needs new hubs most of the time), maybe it's lightly easier to find the cadence I need at my pitiful power output, but it doesn't blow my hair back. I rarely touch the smallest 3 cogs in my cassette anyways, adding two more won't change that.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    Jesse likes this.
  4. racerx13

racerx13 Well-Known Member

thats fucking awesome. Thanks for sharing! Ordering one now.

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

I dislike the long throw feel of shimano mechanical. If you’re a gun guy, it feels like a shitty striker trigger.

di2 or sram imo.

6. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

*cough*
    Campy Record
    *cough*

7. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I admit that's why I got di2 on both bikes, can't stand road mechanical. There's been some tech improvments but it's such a conservative sport stuck in the past with UCI a significant obstacle to change and innovation. For instance it was news this week that stage 2 was won on clinchers and tubes for the second time in history. Not tubeless, tubes. Fark.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Dang this thread took off huh?!?

I added one to the stable and got rid of one.

2019 Sprint Allez disc w/Sram Red Etap, Rotor 2inpower meter, Easton Aero bars, and some
    Enve 3.4’s.

Also added some Hunt Wide Aero wheels to the Pinny. LOVE the Hunts.

Attached Files:

9. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

One of these days I will do a Etap conversion. I have no reason to, outside of it being so cool.
    Did some updates to both of my bikes.
    Short reach, and short drop handle bars. They fit me much better now.

10. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

Awesome crit bike!

11. sbkidd

sbkidd Well-Known Member

12. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I know what I'm getting for Christmas this year. :D Last week I connected to my buddy's Varia and instantly wanted one. It works amazingly well and hooked up on my Garmin 810 in a cinch. I ride on the roads a lot and stuff like that comes in very handy, especially when riding with a friend and if you want to chat a bit when there is no incoming vehicle. Good deals on the non-bluetooth RTL510 leftovers right now.

rice r0cket likes this.
  13. socal

socal Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Time Scylon.
    Time AKTIV Fork
    Campagnolo SuperRecord EPS
    Zipp 303
    FSA K-Wing carbon bars
    ITM Carbon Stem
    Specialized Romin Evo Saddle
    Time Carbon Cages

Finally finished the build. It was challenging. Still working on Sizing. I have always been intrigued by the Resin Transfer Molding (RTM) that is unique to Time frame construction. The weave is stronger than a traditional carbon construction and is considerably more labor intensive. Time includes Vectran in the weave to help absorb road vibration. This build includes the AKTIV fork that also helps to reduce road vibration harmonically. The ride is smooth and planted. Its not the lightest but on par with a the weight of a Colnago C64 or Pinarello F12.

Andrew76, Senna, cha0s#242 and 4 others like this.
  14. rice r0cket

Love Time bikes.

I still want to pickup an old VXRS sometime for nostalgia reasons.

socal likes this.
  15. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

16. awalk9905

awalk9905 Well-Known Member

I realized I never posted my bike up. Factor O2 disc with some Black Inc. parts and SRAM Red Groupset. Next bike is a gravel bike and hopefully acquire one soon...

Both pictures were from the same ride up Kolob in southern Utah.

Factor O2-2.jpg Factor O2-1.jpg

rice r0cket, socal and cha0s#242 like this.
  17. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

If you travel with your bicycle at all, you’ll appreciate that long throw and both the levers moving. Instead of the airlines breaking a lever, it’ll just shift the derailleurs if it’s hit on the lever.

18. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Don’t ever see me really traveling with my bikes, to be honest.

TakeItApart likes this.
  19. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Lots of mini events out of Pork Belly Ventures. If it wasn’t such a long haul, we would be in.
    Planning a family (Cadillac Michigan) visit. We have mapped the Baldwin-Midland part of the trail, and both ends where it is public roads. If the weather cooperates, we will complete a 140 mile lake to lake ride, probably with a couple of days between the legs (so I can talk her into another long ride eventually)

20. rice r0cket

Anyone work with a coach (online or otherwise) or pay for the training programs that almost all the platforms offer now?

Part of me wants to think I'm making the best use of my 4-6 hours/week on the bike, but I also am not really training for anything other than for fitness sake. I'm also a little afraid it will turn a hobby into another checklist item and take some of the joy out of riding.