1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd days.

Discussion in 'General' started by turner38, Aug 31, 2020.

1. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

So, my girl and I were out on a bike ride yesterday in the North Georgia Mountains, headed back to a Chattanooga from Helen I decide to take about 30 miles of forest service road from hwy60 to Big creek rd. About 6:30pm, Kinda on the edge of being a little too late for that but I know all the asphalt well so why not.
    The first sign of something odd was a duece and a half with a red cross on it backed into a camping pullout. No big deal, being the smart ass I am I holler Medic as I go by, then a half mile later we come upon 7-8 humvees pulled off in a camping area, 20-30 cats walking around with whatever rifles, kept running across them for the next ten miles or so. Probably 20 plus vehicles all told.
    My girl wasn’t too thrilled about us being in the middle off those cats playing Army. She was squeezing the hell out of me when I stopped and asked one of them if we were on the right road.
    Anybody ever run into that before?

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

I’ve got a BLM crew now across the street starting shit. We are the only pale peeps around so they now love filling my front yard with trash in the middle of the night and scream at us if we are outside. Yeah 2020 can fuck off

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Not sure excatly where you were but the US Army does Mountain Phase of Ranger up in that neck of the woods.

Could have been them or maybe a Reserve or NG unit out playing.

Or maybe the redneck militia practicing to overthrow Joe n Hoe

turner38 and Phl218 like this.
  4. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Do some work on your deck. Maybe you accidentally left some boards with nails in them sticking up.

Oops.

TurboBlew, YamahaRick and britx303 like this.
  5. Not where he was. Glad he felt uncomfortable as he couldn’t even go the extra 20 miles and stop by my house.

turner38 likes this.
  6. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Don't you mean BLM can fuck off?

Gixxerguy855 and britx303 like this.
  7. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Bureau of Land Management?

MachineR1, pushystone, RRP and 2 others like this.
  8. britx303

I’ve often called it that joking around:crackup:

9. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

No way it was active duty or Ranger school if you were in the area I think you were. I may know someone who knows someone that can confirm it was just a bunch of weekend army guys doing their regular thing. Nothing to worry about and they are generally a harmless bunch so I have been told ;).

From the noise level of music and such, it seems like I would hate to be around the BLM protest. Even the non-violent ones seem loud as hell from the videos I have seen.

britx303 likes this.
  10. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Ha, didn’t bother me, just found it odd. don’t know where you live so hard to stop in...:Poke:

Wasn’t planning on making a day of it, was just planning on a ride over the hill to Ellijay for lunch, Ended up eating lunch at TWO, went ahead and took the Darlin to Helen as she’s never been there then it was time to head home.
    Seems like Horse Gap is the name I saw as I was in the area on the GPS.
    Wasn’t Army I don’t believe but possible I guess.

11. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Hmmm...I know a unit I support was up that way this weekend. Figured it was them but who knows these days with all the crazies running around.

12. britx303

It makes Zero sense anywhere.......but here where we are is particularly more retarded. It’s very country, and all the older black folk and I get along great and regularly help each other out whether it’s downed trees, Elderly peeps needing the grass cut, cleaning up trash on the roadside etc. A few times I’ve helped get some of my neighbors lawn tractors fixed and running,things like that. No need for the extremist bullshit leaving trash and notes saying we owe them reparations. Alright, I ain’t going further, it’s just these odd days just keep getting odder

13. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Time to build some home LRAD.

14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Fucking idiots...:mad:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

The rangers are up there playing all the time. It's evidently more fun to run into them in the middle of the woods on some single track when they step out of the shadows in full gear and face paint and inform you it's time to head back the way you came...

Shenanigans and turner38 like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

True, Rangers wouldn't be that obvious or have that much equipment on a forest service road.

17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Those black beret Air Force jump squads out of Moody AFB used to land at night during the week at JenningsGP back in the day.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We have choppers drop ranger trainees into Lake Allatoona regularly too, kind of fun to hear them fly over the house.

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Pfft. Some roost oughta shut 'em up and have 'em diving for cover. :D
    They're training. They might as well have as many unexpected real-world possibilities thrown at 'em in the process and who's to say a guy on a bike isn't part of the training? What if said biker whipped out a blue grenade and said, "You're dead. Go back to the dropzone"?
    Dumbass shoulda stayed in cover and passed the incident along as intel.
    Just sayin'.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

These are the guys guarding the zone where the training is happening, pretty sure you pull a grenade you'll be on the ground before you can say anything :D Talked to some folks who have gone through the training and they don't play around at all :eek: