1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round 5 |Komatsu MotoAmerica Superbikes at the Ridge | Aug 28 - 30

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Combines don't make bales. :Poke: :D

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Those feller bunchers are bad ass when in the hands of a good operator.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

But the single pass bale system trailer does. Why make two passes when harvesting hippies?

4. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I really can't imagine the smell...

5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

T11 will be a huge passing area because you can block pass like 3 mofos at once if you're tight then 3/4 track on exit. I expect some wild shit there.

13 sucks. It used to be cool but the cars were wrecking it so they made it even tighter and dropped the elevation starting earlier to spread the braking load out over a larger area. Now it is so tight it's kinda lame. There will be a crash there during the race.

Another area to watch is T3. I call it the bone collector and it is the site of some of the strangest crashes I've ever seen. The unloading of the front combined with transistions side to side seems to unload the front in weird ways. I've seen people crash almost straight up and down becuse of stickers on the tires. No shit.

6. Knotcher

T6 entry has plenty of passing options as well.

7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Looks kinda wonky

8. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

Almost all of our automotive stamping presses are Komatsu.

They're a very big company that people don't even realize.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Looking at the track map the pit in/out looks a little sketchy, especially avoiding the entrance to the pit lane. Hope there's no walls or armco there.

10. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

It's all walls there. You have some room to maneuver, but you need to make your pit-in decision early and obvious, and stay well to the right as you come down the Ridge. A last minute cut-over will end in tears and/or pain.

11. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I could see 13 becoming a bowling alley if folks got really aggressive about braking there. Track days typically forbid passing there.

12. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

its a slow area anyways so long as you stay right for pit out

younglion likes this.
  13. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

I haven't been there in a couple years but back then passing was allowed, but I've witnessed MANY a "bowling alley" there both in races and on TD's. Riders get sucked in and with the downward slope and just how tight that corner is - recipe for disaster.

14. Knotcher

Yep. It’s a shit corner. It’s the one thing on the track that I genuinely hate. It’s not even fun. It’s like street riding, boring and dangerous.

Track exit and entrance are more than fine. As noted by others, after apex of 14 just stay to right edge of track.

15. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

Just saw Ashton yates isn't going to be traveling for this. Who thinks MA messed up by having teams trek across the country from Pitt race > washington > NJ... Also only 1 twins cup and 1 Stock 1000 race...

16. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Very true, but i wouldnt drive that far to ride a Honda either.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's pro racing. If you want to do regional racing there are plenty of us out there putting on series for you.

18. Messed up? This isn’t quite the regular planned season, we are lucky to even be racing. They did the best they could with what they had to work with. Heck the whole situation is still dynamic and I wouldn’t want to be in their shoes. Other option was not going racing. You have to keep in mind that MA is not the premier event at these facilities and aren’t going to get first pick at the best dates.

KneeDragger_c69 and Banditracer like this.
  19. Assume he still has his older model as well? I’m sure if they wanted to go someone could’ve hauled their kit but knowing (assuming he’s on the old bike) he’s limited in the kit he’s on it’s a wise choice IMO.

renegade17 likes this.
  20. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I have often looked at the schedule and thought it would be a good idea to SCHEDULE so that the racers & crew (plus sanctioning and organization support personnel) only make a SINGLE lap of America, during the season. The Ridge should have been paired with Monterey.
    It is cheaper and much more cost effective to consider logistics (and costs!) before you make other "related" scheduling decisions. Never any easy answers, but if you are not at least trying, you aren't making it better.
    Start in the south, go north and then, east or west, and end up in the south again...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020