1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone on here already have or ordered a new C8 Vette?

Discussion in 'General' started by ttt637, Aug 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Yes .. but , this place is like a Heroin Addiction , very hard to shake first time around :D

Edit: Venom has a faster trigger finger

noles19 likes this.
  2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Fixed it for you.

3. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and in this beholder, that is the worse looking Corvette ever, and I'm talking since it's inception.

Better off spending the money on a manual GT3RS.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

With a salvage title?

bored&stroked and turbulence like this.
  5. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

I've already seen reports of guys breaking axles drag racing them. I'd bet more Corvettes see drag strips that road courses. So, there's that.

R1M370 likes this.
  6. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Yup, still more bang for your buck.

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

I was looking through some stuff and someone already blew up the motor with a twin turbo system....car had like 1100 miles on it. The video show'd when she broke the piston and she was at like 1/2 throttle.

8. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Emelia Hartford, I've seen that video as well, she wasn't even at WOT.

9. khill

khill Well-Known Member

C8 looked great when he pointed me by at the Ridge last week........:crackup:

(I haven't driven one yet, but would love to. I really like Z51/Z06/Z07s)

Ken

10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

What's the reasoning to have to add 2 quarts of oil to tranny before drag or road coursing the vette?

11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Look for the follow up teardown vid they just put out. The pistons are fine. They are still excavating, but now they think they've done damage to rods, or something else.
    I didn't mention this one because, let's be honest, they dual turbo'ed the motor. That's bound to stress the stock stuff more than usual. I was just saying stock items being beat on, without power adders, seem to be showing some weakness.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

I saw one in person, and yeah looks very weird. The front looks McLaren-eque. Once you get past the door, the OEM wheels, especially the rear look like $hit, and the spoiler looks like it was bought at Pep Boys. The rear is so very narrow compared to the bulbous front.

I was like hard pass.

13. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Exactly, a true frankenstein.

BigBird likes this.
  14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

GM is nuts to think people are going to put additional power on these things. They should be designed to hold some extra power. A twin turbo setup should not grenade a motor with a small amount of boost. It should be able to handle it.....just like withstanding the riggers of drag racing. Lack of engineering/design or a cost reduction decision that is going to bite them.

Also, granted in the video of the chick with the twin turbo system, they weren't upset as they clearly stated they knew they would have to tear down and rebuild just didn't think it would be on like the initial run out when they were still trying to get everything optimized.

Prospect and stk0308 like this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I'm pretty sure we have a thread for bashing new corvettes, going back to the C7. Ain't lookin' for it, so...I'll bash here. :D

Nothing's changed in my mind. The C6 is the last true Corvette - even tho' the Title states Geo/Saturn. Lines of every previous generation are present, and that they brought it all together in one beautiful body is a feat to be applauded.

It took some time to get accustomed to the C7's looks. The name is really the only thing in common with previous Corvettes/Stingrays. Otherwise, it's just another car from a mass-production factory line, with standard automotive bones, muscle and nervous system. In other words, no better than any other US made vehicle and quite possibly worse.

The C8's looks may also take some getting used to but I'm not even bothering to keep an open eye to it. The front looks like a squashed Camaro* and there's no hiding the ripples in the plastic all the way back to the tail and across the deck. It's just another car from a mass-production factory line. Move along, no real imagination here.

*When the Camaro was reintroduced, I swear the front looked like they squashed a Silverado. That's what I want, a sporty car that looks like a truck. :rolleyes: Prolly couldn't even get the steering wheel centered on the driver's seat. :dead::crackup:

16. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Ole Cleetus Mcfarland from YouTube got a new one and that was the first thing they changed, they put G Force axles on for the upgrade. I'll post up the video in the YouTube section.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  17. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Yea, the C7 (and now the C8 even worse) was the first corvette that looked like a Chevy instead of looking like a Corvette. The C8 makes me think of a Malibu every time I see the tail lights and that's just not what I want in my mind when I look at my "supercar"

18. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

I was thinking about a C8 but decided to go with a mclaren senna instead

BigBird, Prospect and noles19 like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:

noles19 likes this.
  20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I actually think they look better in person, saw it as the pace car at Road America.

I really think what killed it was adding the trunk behind the engine. in most if not all mid engines there is where the exhaust goes.