1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

A bullet stuck in the barrel? Or the case didn't extract from the chamber?

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Bullet stuck in the barrel. A reload.

3. speedluvn

Starting load was 9.2 grains of Winchester 296. I’m thinking if I wanted to tune this gun to this round a lighter bolt carrier group for starters.

4. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I've squibbed enough rounds to know the feeling.

Did the bullet make it past the gas block?

In other news shot a p365 today at the range. Great little ccw pistol. Now trying to find one to buy, sheesh.

5. speedluvn

Just pass it.

6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Ten round mags are legal to ow
    It is legal to own any capacity mag in Maryland. 30s , 40s , 100s etc.
    What is not legal is to buy them in Maryland or have them shipped into Maryland unless they are going to an ffl. Doesn’t make a lot of sense but I look at it as the cup is half full. So drive to PA , VA or WVA buy what ever you want in mags and bring them home and your fully within the law. Customers that have me do transfers and their pistols show up above ten rounds I install a block.

DmanSlam and Gorilla George like this.
  7. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

[​IMG]
    Our 35 anniversary is next week, my wife tried my Rock Island High capacity 10mm and loved it, said she wanted a 1911 instead of her Shield, I showed her this Springfield Range Officer Champion Compact, she had never heard of hickok45, it was funny, she sat through an entire video of him talking about and shooting a compact range officer.

That’s what she wanted for an anniversary present, I think she may finally be housebroken...

turner38, RRP, Shocker and 1 other person like this.
  8. I didn’t have anything to do while the wife was at Pilates, so I went to Academy and picked up a Springfield XD-E .45ACP

9D24B73B-3F5B-42AF-9052-F2A0D23376D6.jpeg

Sabre699 and Killswitch like this.
  9. It’s single stack, so it’s really thin. It seems about half the thickness of the XD-M Elite and XD-9 I picked up last week. It should be easy to conceal.

10. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Beautiful piece....love the wood grain grips.

11. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Nice pocket cannon. ;)

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. That’s what she said. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  13. rogers1323

Why? The lighter BCG will help push the bullet out of the barrel?

14. speedluvn

From my understanding, the lighter BCG would require less pressure to function.

15. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Maybe try 10 grains?
    I use 10 grains of trail boss in my subsonic 7mm-08 load but it’s for a bolt action. Really quiet and accurate to 100 even though the flight path is like a howitzer.

killed one deer with it and decided meh not worth it

16. rogers1323

Lighter BCG would require less pressure for it to cycle, yes. But that should only affect the carrier cycling. That will affect ejecting the spent cartridge and chambering a new one. The bolt doesn't even unlock until the bullet passes the gas port, so the bullet speed and likelihood of it leaving the barrel should be set by that point.

As with everything on the internet, find a good resource that will confirm the mechanics. I'm certainly no expert, and have never worked to tune specific load functioning.

17. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm very new to AR's, but thankfully have friends that have built a lot of them(high quality match guns, not junkers) and a friend that is a sales/product support guy at JP, so once I get around to tuning mine, buffer weight/springs, etc, I will be able to ask questions and get explenations/answers.

That said, from what I understand, you use buffer weight to help time the unlocking of the BCG so it's not too early that is is totally ripping the brass from the chamber while still pressurizes, but not so late, either. This is all stuff I will be questioning in the coming weeks.

18. So I’m at the range right now putting a couple hundred rounds through the new ones I’ve bought over the last week.

I love the XD .45, it is very accurate and smooth, especially since it is a .45 with a 3” barrel.

BUT...I don’t like the skinny grip (single stack).

What are my options for a Double Stack .45ACP, with 3-3.5” barrel (good for EDC)?

If I could get this gun, with the Sig or Springfield wide double stack grip, I’d have something.

19. Answer me fuckers, while I’m at the gun store so I can buy it now.

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

1911 style
    Rock Island Armory has a 2011 (double stack)
    STI has a 2011

Those are the only two 1911 style I know that are "common."
    Every other double stack is custom and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.