1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phl218

Phl218 .

I’ve got an oxy bottle ;) and n100 masks. Plus “heavy vests” for the whole fam :D

2. Lee#144

Lee#144 Track Newbie

Prior planning & prevention prevents piss poor performance.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Also been fighting cancer for like a decade.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So that means you also understand it's not that big a deal and mitigation really doesn't matter.

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Masks are a medical/safety device right? They have a SOP of how they are intended to be used for effectiveness.

So the fact that they are being so little regulated in this particular arena (in both the quality of said mask and how it is implemented; worn properly, frequently disposed for a fresh one) says loud and clear to me that this is all just a show. When you're driving in your car you can get ticketed for not wearing your safety belt right? A device that is designed and tested by auto manufacturers and needs to meet certain compliance regulations in order to be approved for use in a car. This is the equivalent of tying a piece of rope around your seat and waist and calling it a day.

[​IMG]

418 likes this.
  6. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

Hahahaha

there’s something much more sinister with this face mask shit, it has nothing to do with this bullshit “virus”.

7. FrancisA

FrancisA Are you scared?

And that right there ladies and gentlemen is why all this stuff is crap, how many deaths actually occurred as a direct result of this virus? Maybe 10% of the total number and I bet my life on that.

Very simple question, if it wasn’t on TV, would you know it existed? The answer to that is the same as the answer to “is this thing actually real”

I bid adieu.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
    G 97 and sdg like this.
  8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

My metric which is the most unbiased I think there is, is the 2020 weekly deaths vs average weekly deaths over the last 5 years.

sdg likes this.
  9. Crispietofu

Crispietofu Well-Known Member

Seeing my fair share of severe covid patients that get transported to hospitals, you guys do you do man but the moment this hits your elderly part of the family your not gonna be thinking the same as it's just overblown. If your asymptomatic and accidently give it to your SO or children who may not take the virus easier then you, you might just change your mind on it. If you have medical problems already like cancer, lung disease, heart problems this virus will accelerate that problem to the point of death. That is why you see a jump in deaths but less on the other stuff. Patients can stay alive if they manage there previous diagnoses but the moment this virus hits your weaken state your gonna get fucked up by it faster which could cause death.

R1Racer99, pscook, 23103a and 2 others like this.
  10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

A cloth mask is not going to protect the people that cannot take the virus easy. Either the virus is going to get them, or the ailment that is current eating their system alive is going to take them. I understand COVID will speed up that process, but there is no reasonable way to protect everyone.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, know your environment.
    Implement best practices.
    Manage the risk.

I’m shaking in my boots at the current 99.99% of humans surviving.
    Millions of people die each day. I love how you seemingly quantify this as something different based on the covid. People die. It’s a fact of life.
    56C33CD6-685F-4124-9388-8711AF865DED.jpeg
    C475F43D-FE70-491F-8BE4-68E928970046.png

FrancisA likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So how do you feel about the tens of thousands of elderly who die of influenza every year even with a vaccine? Or any of the other viruses that kill thousands every year? And those are just in the US, it's hundreds of thousands to millions worldwide. Same method of transmission, same net result. Will you continue your support of masking up and all the other things for the rest of your life to try and fail to save less than a percent of the population?

FrancisA likes this.
  13. Crispietofu

Crispietofu Well-Known Member

Why yes I'll keep masking up. Not that big of a deal. I believe 2018-2019 influenza deaths were at 34k . We are at 157k as of August. We havnt even hit the fall and winter season yet.

Like I said you guys do what you believe is good for yourself . But it's that mentality that's what causing the US to blow up the way it is compared to other nations.

R1Racer99, ducnut and Jed like this.
  14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Umm ... this STARTED in the winter season. So, yes ... yes we have.

FrancisA likes this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We are not at 157k. Try again. The deaths attributed to this virus are effectively a lie as they created entirely new ways of classifying them as compared to every other virus. 2017-2018 over 6 months influenza killed at least 60k people in the US. Upper end estimates put that closer to 80k. 40k or so die every year from that one type of virus.

The US isn't blowing up. The numbers don't support that. There is a reason you don't see graphs based on entire population. There is a reason they love showing the number of new cases while ignoring hospitals that aren't remotely overwhelmed and people that have gotten better with doing effectively nothing but fluids and rest. Those facts don't get people like you to come back and watch the next day.

Did you wear a mask from October 2019 until now or did you start when the media and the government told you to? Serious question - will you wear a mask and follow all of these same procedures every October through April for the rest of your life? You say yes in your response but I don't think you understood the question.

FrancisA likes this.
  16. grahamsn

grahamsn Well-Known Member

People are complaining about potentially inaccurate data/statistics being relayed to the public (and rightly so). You might want to take a second look at the number you've posted above.

17. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Don’t forget about the fact that if someone tests positive, then three days later goes back for a retest that comes back positive, both of those tests are counted as new cases since they just count positive tests in a day.

FrancisA likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm pretty sure we can all agree on the number of truly dead people, they're pretty easy to figure out compared to not dead people. It's the why/how they died that is being lied about.

FrancisA likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Good point, along with the graph raising positives from sterile swabs that never got near a human being :crackup:

FrancisA likes this.
  20. kevincg

kevincg Well-Known Member

The government is subsidizing the virus increase! As with any gov't subsidy, you get an increase in the subsidized product/behavior. When you stop paying hospitals for infections treated, ventilators used and deaths as a result of, then we can talk about real covid data.
    Everything we have now regarding Covid 19 is fabricated to the point that it is useless information and too irrelevant to make any meaningful decisions from. This is all politics. Watch this go away after November, regardless who wins. It is a weapon, used for a purpose, and that purpose expires this Nov.

FrancisA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.