1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan Raceway Park August 1-2, 2020

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WERA SPORTSMAN DOUBLE HEADER THIS COMING WEEKEND AT GRATTAN RACEWAY IN MICHIGAN!
    WERA Motorcycle Roadracing will be hosting a Double Header Sprint weekend on the 1st and 2nd of August at Grattan Raceway Park in Belding, Michigan. Saturday will also have a WERA Rider’s school available for anyone who wants to go to the next level. Racing will begin at 12:30 on Saturday and noon on Sunday. SAS Racing is the sponsor of our A Super stock, A Superbike, Formula 1 and Senior Superbike Medium weight Classes Camping is available.

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing was founded in 1973 and remains the foremost place to develop talent in the sport of motorcycle Roadracing. The legacy of Pro riders on a National and World level is legendary. All events are run by WERA Motorcycle Roadracing with a co-sanction by the AMA and they go coast to coast offering entry level racing with the WERA Sportsman Series as well as a Pro-Am Series with the WERA National Challenge Series, WERA Motorcycle Roadracing also offer Vintage Racing and limited Endurance Racing with Track Day Partners N2 and Sportbike Track Time. WERA Motorcycle Roadracing was voted the 2017 AMA Track Organizer of the Year.

For more information on WERA Motorcycle Roadracing please check out our web site at wera.com

JJJerry likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll post the live timing link here once I get it set up at the track.

Trainwreck likes this.
  3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

This is my first actual race with you guys. I am very excited! I raced with CCS last year but they dont come to Grattan and i am tired of racing BlackHawk lol Grattan is only 45 minutes from me.

JJJerry likes this.
  4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Very cool, see you there! Well, I'll be locked in the tower the whole time so I'll see you though the windows...

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just got reminded - No Concessions! Stock up and bring your own food to get you through.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Hey Admin Pooh. How's the turnout today? How many vendors showed up? Did Graver retire or is he working start/finish? Details man we need details!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Thanks. Beautiful weather up here, and I would expect the same at Grattan!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Couple sprinkles but never anything of concern, definitely decent temps. Looks like rain will blow through tonight but tomorrow looks even more gorgeous in the 70's and dry once we get going.

10. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Michigan is beautiful in the summer, it's the other 10.5 months that's the problem.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You mean the 1.5 months of mosquito season? :D

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

A typical statement from a buck nut from south of the great state of Michigan

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Overcast here this morning how's Grattan?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've done enough time up in skeeter town to bitch about it - does MI do black fly season? Hate those fuckers too.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Same and drizzling a bit right now. The crap that came in last night didn't blow through like it should have.

16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Black flies are more of UP thing but once in a while I'll see them around here. But being on the lake with the breeze keeps them away.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, had a feeling they were a bit more up in the portions that are part of Canadia. Only really ran into them in the Adirondacks as a kid.

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Did you get rain Sean? We were overcast till about 1 then sunny like now

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All morning drizzle then stopped during lunch and dry three races in.

20. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Not too bad then. And I heard the turnout at the Hawk that's Black was light.